I'm stuck

tehbuffalo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As a beginner I want to stick with one type of photography and get good. What I need are somethings to take pictures of! I can't get out of the house or get anyone to take me anywhere. I don't drive cause I am to young. I just don't know what to take pictures of!

Jake

Why not focus on your immediate neighborhood? A lot depends on what sort of pictures you want. If you like nature try your yard or neighbor's yards. If you like more abstract or whatever you can probably find stuff right in your house.

Cool. I am going for more still life/abstract except I don't really have anything for a background. I tryed this posterboard kind of material last night but it was wrinkled on the photos so I need something else. Maybe if I get lucky I can buy some stuff at my local arts and crafts store. If I go is there anything I must pick up?

Jake

Well depending on how you like your shots.. if you want a generic background one thing you can do is just get some black cloth and white cloth. Then either make a frame with pvc pipe or just drape it over the back of the chair so you place the object photographing on the cloth and then have the cloth go back and curve up to make the background so you won't have any lines in the background where floor meets wall or what not.

Photograph nothing. Seriously, here's some dirt next to a pot. It's really a no brainer... look around at what is in your environment, and shoot away... get some good angles, some good lighting by moving yourself around...

0612c.jpg

Most reactions

Back