I'm with Mike and PNA

The panel originally included 6 members I believe, but I would need to pull the list of names. All of the site moderators had access to the discussion as well. Rather than be a "secretive" deal, the idea was to include a subset of "regular" members to help guide the direction instead of "just" the mods, so that was the motivation behind the committee, which consisted largely of the people who were most critical of how things were before.

If someone can post a list of who was involved, or respond in here that you were involved, I'd appreciate it.

Mike: I'm sorry; no one has answered you but it's not a secret! :) The original critique forum committee was made up of Digital Matt, Torus34, Motcon, The_Traveler, xfloggingkylex, and Max Bloom. Some of these members were chosen because of expressed criticism of the former critique forum; others were chosen because of other contributions to TPF.

An interesting mix of personalities with a wide range of skill sets, no? ;) And they were collectively fantastic! They met regularly over several weeks' time and voted on every smidgen of every aspect of every guideline and reference. Majority ruled.

Chase read every scrap of it and he had the final say.

Chase approved the templates. He likes them. They are not there to anger people; rather they are there for the benefit of the section mods (only 2) to keep conversation and debate down.

Please review the forum guidelines before you post an image in critique. Follow them carefully, for they will be strictly adhered to. I'm a broken record! But that's what was stated (not implied, stated) before the forums rolled out.

The Critical Analysis forum may indeed not interest a lot of folks. It's a new offering; it is not meant to be a rehash of the former one. I would love for each one of you to try again; knowing that it will indeed be "all business" in there. It is slated to be a very structured environment, on the far side of what you are used to seeing at TPF. That doesn't mean it's wrong - it's just a different approach. There are some very good critiques in there already.

For everyone who is less than satisfied with the current Critical Analysis forum: please remember how many other places there are to post an image on TPF. If you want a less structured environment and lots of chatter and maybe an argument here and there, probably one of the general Galleries is best suited for your images.

All the Galleries encourage general C&C and are very lightly moderated. That is the wonderful thing about TPF; there is now a very wide offering of forums. We hope you will find several you enjoy posting in.

open discussion begins with choosing the right people for a panel that compiles data from users and starts to form ideas on whats wrong and what should be done.-this is in public but locked threads

polls are done open to the public in order to verify wants from public.

once a decision has been made you make mock threads and go through them and see how they pan out, and see how affective your rules have been, and how much moderation is necassary to make it run smoothly. publicly post the results and let people voice concerns, and the panel re-polls.

Ok, I don't wish to play these games any longer. Mods....I've seen the BS. You guys go ahead and try to make people succesful. Your advice is most anticipated, I'm sure.
I didn't have to come here. I didn't have to try to help people. It seems that mod egos rule here.
I saw your thread, and frankly I'm pretty ****ed off. I don't need your puppet dictator to give me messages. It would have been far more respectable had you done it in your own voice.
You made your bed . And was it worth it?

chase-i believe something along these lines may be more appropriate for forum government . . . as we would no longer feel left out of the decision making while still being attacked by the results of it

open discussion begins with choosing the right people for a panel that compiles data from users and starts to form ideas on whats wrong and what should be done.-this is in public but locked threads

polls are done open to the public in order to verify wants from public.

once a decision has been made you make mock threads and go through them and see how they pan out, and see how affective your rules have been, and how much moderation is necassary to make it run smoothly. publicly post the results and let people voice concerns, and the panel re-polls.

Ok, I don't wish to play these games any longer. Mods....I've seen the BS. You guys go ahead and try to make people succesful. Your advice is most anticipated, I'm sure.
I didn't have to come here. I didn't have to try to help people. It seems that mod egos rule here.
I saw your thread, and frankly I'm pretty ****ed off. I don't need your puppet dictator to give me messages. It would have been far more respectable had you done it in your own voice.
You made your bed . And was it worth it?

Elsaspet, you are over-reacting. A lot. It might be a good idea to step away from the computer for a bit and calm down.

Everyone is perfectly willing to work with you on your complaints, but you need to be calm, rational, and civilized in order for that to happen.

the general critique didn't work for me the first time round . . . me and motcon spent LOTS of time figuring out what it takes for me to make it in the new thread. while i see problems with it, and strongly disagree with the censorship this early in the game over finessing people into understanding the new format. i also see things in it that will allow us to benifit from it in ways we previously couldn't. if the guidelines were rewritten and READ we might could eliminate some of these problems.

i have since understanding how to not be censored succesfully, or at least 1/2 succesfully participated in critiques, and had my own critique go off hitch free (on its second try)

but it did bother me to be silenced, have a thread locked before public discussion could begin, and then not have anyone be able to put the names to the panel.

i think the new format can work, but its going to take significan effort from all sides.

Thank God I'm not the only one to voice a negative opinion regarding the new threads.....

Somehow I feel vindicated.......

WOW!

Terri, I saw it, but thank you for your in depth advice. I'm not teasing you, I really mean it.
I am very disapointed that there is a group majority on Opinion. Tell me what ever you want to change. Have the guts to stand up. In court, a person is allowed to meet there accuser. Not here. And that is bothersom.
Is my detractor some unknown wanna be someone? Or is the critique thoughtful?
It's not up to you. It's up to me.
I really wish that people would be honest and frankly Corry, what is up with you? I've been nice to you even though I honestly think your work is marginal with potential.
Don't think your bs is unseen. When you are at my level, please feel free to tell me how much I suck.

Terri, I saw it, but thank you for your in depth advice. I'm not teasing you, I really mean it.
I am very disapointed that there is a group majority on Opinion. Tell me what ever you want to change. Have the guts to stand up. In court, a person is allowed to meet there accuser. Not here. And that is bothersom.
I really wish that people would be honest and frankly Corry, what is up with you? I've been nice to you even though I honestly think your work is marginal with potential.
Don't think your bs is unseen. When you are at my level, please feel free to tell me how much I suck.

That is rude and uncalled for. It's also a personal attack, Corry's work has nothing to do with this, and she's telling you to calm down, which you need to.

Whoa, hold on a second. When did I say you suck? When did photographic ability come into this at all?

All I said was that you are over reacting, and if you calm down, we are perfectly willing to work with you. Nothing in that was me being mean to you in any way, shape, or form.

I've been on vacation, and workign three jobs, so I havne't been very involved in the new crit forums. I haven't seen your threads, and I don't know what happened. However, if you calm down, and be patient, whoever does know what is going on will work with you on what you are upset about.

I´ve read every post here, and can see nothing to add to what I wrote in post #2

I totally understand and agree with the idea of a serious critique section, but not one run in a manner which reminds me of a certain political system which some of us hope the world will never see again. Yes...that´s exactly what went through my mind when a particular moderator put his appendage through the thread in question. And it´s not the first time I have seen this behaviour here.

At least THIS debate has not been stomped on so far...maybe it will clarify something for certain people.

I stand firmly behind Eslaspet and her decision.

Frankly Cindy, most of us don't give a hoot how successful you are. That doesn't make you better than any of us.

I strongly suggest you take a breather.

Most reactions

Back