Image Obssession

DarkEyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
img78.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. Ever since I posted this image on the forum at the start of july I've been trying my best to improve it further. Ive become obssessed with improving the image. The image was posted here originally:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7309

Im pretty sure Ive reached the end of the line. The final seqeunce is the one I believe to be most accurate representation of the way it appeared on the night, and also contains the most detail.

What I want to know is this: Should I have given up on the image then, or was the improvement worth the hassle's. I do have this to say about myself though: Im a perfectionist. :scratch:
Here's the images:
Original Post-
ES1.jpg

Latest Edit-
ES2.jpg

Original Images:
Full_Moon_B.jpg
Middle.jpg
Half.jpg
Totality.jpg

The 'Latest Edit' Image also contains this image:
Full_Moon_A.jpg

DarkEyes said:
What I want to know is this: Should I have given up on the image then, or was the improvement worth the hassle's.

depends on what it means to you, or what you do with it afterwards. i'm sure you learned a lot, in any case, if you spent a lot of time on it.
i think it's a good re-edit. the final moon was kind of blurry in the original
it really looks like something to have postered to your wall, hah!

This Image means heaps to me, because it is a blending of my two favorite hobbies - Photography and Astronomy. As I mentioned before, I'm a perfectionist, therefor when digitizing an image, rather than modifying it to match the original print from the negative, I will Edit the image to give the best represention of how the subject appeared at the time I took it.

I have learned alot while doing this image though, regarding the use of the software I have available to me- Microsoft Picture it 9 and Arcsoft photo studio. I feel that I could obtain better results with a proffessional programme like Abode Photoshop.

Thanks for your input, StvShoop

This image is a winner. Absolutely top notch.
Is this the original photo, or did you add the other 3 moons after the shutter snap?

canonrebel said:
Is this the original photo, or did you add the other 3 moons after the shutter snap?

The four moons in the 'Latest Edit' Sequence were composed using the five images of the moon below the sequence. to explain this, Follow this.

The moons in the sequence shall be designated from A through to D, with A at the top left and D ot the bottom right.

In the row of four moons, Each one may be numbered from 1 through to four, with one on the left and 4 on the right. the image of the moon shall be numbered five.

Moon A was created using Originals 1 & 5 through by layering them, and altering their properties.

Moon B was created using originals 1, 2 & 5 using various techniques.

Moon C was created using originals 1, 3, & 5 in ways similar to moon B.

Moon D was created using originals 1, 4 & 5 also in ways similar to Moons B & C.

for a better explanation, check the original post here:

It takes wisdom to know when to stop tweaking.
There's that or just take a break from the whole idea for awhile. Come back to it in a few weeks and see if your interpretation changes. Most of my ideas come from not thinking about anything and WHAM! one will just pop up. Just had a composition idea come to me earlier today after staring at the puter screen at work for so long my eyes were hurting. Pushed my glesses up, leaned back, and rubbed my eyes and there it was while I was squashin' my corneas. Wrote it down in my photo journal so the idea would stick and presto, new idea.

DarkEyes said:
canonrebel said:

The four moons in the 'Latest Edit' Sequence were composed using the five images of the moon below the sequence. to explain this, Follow this.

The moons in the sequence shall be designated from A through to D, with A at the top left and D ot the bottom right.

In the row of four moons, Each one may be numbered from 1 through to four, with one on the left and 4 on the right. the image of the moon shall be numbered five.

Moon A was created using Originals 1 & 5 through by layering them, and altering their properties.

Moon B was created using originals 1, 2 & 5 using various techniques.

Moon C was created using originals 1, 3, & 5 in ways similar to moon B.

Moon D was created using originals 1, 4 & 5 also in ways similar to Moons B & C.

for a better explanation, check the original post here:

I'm really surpprised that you haven't been jumped on already for adding elements to a photograph. I personally like it and do it often. But I've been severely flogged for submitting it here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back