Image processing and film cameras

Thor06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. I am just starting to be in the market for my first SLR camera and I am looking to take pictures as a hobby, mostly of nature and sports. Well, a DLSR is pretty much out of the question, I cannot possibly justify or afford one at this stage in the game. I think I've got the camera pretty much picked out, I've been eyeing the Canon Rebel T2's.

I have a point and shoot digital camera and I love that I can take a picture and start editing it within a matter of a minute or two but I realize this wont be possible for SLR cameras. I've had a photo CD made once but the quality of the pictures was horrible, I would imagine because I used a disposable camera. Would a picture CD from some normal film produce better results? Is there any other way rather than just scanning them in (my scanner sucks)? Thanks for the help guys.

Good quality negatives should give you a good quality CD, sure. Most places will offer scanning services along with film development. Once you have them on disc you can upload them easily. Take care of your negatives, no matter what.

I snail mail my film to mpix.com. Once they notify me that the pics are ready to view I log in, and select the pictures I want developed from their online album. Last time I received great prints from the negatives and an accompanying cd containing all the pictures that I wanted to keep. The quality of the scanned-in pictures in the cd was excellent.

Most reactions

Back