Image Recovery software

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by JenR, Sep 27, 2007.

1. JenR

JenR TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Thanks to my natural "blonde-ness" I reformatted an SD card before I downloaded all the photos from it. A few were garbage, but most were keepers for senitmetal reasons. :confused:

So, it looks like I'm in the market for some variety of photo recovery software. Anybody have any good recommendations for photo recovery after formatting? I've tried Google, but I'm *very* hesitant to download demos from companies I've never heard of (imagine that!).

Thanks for the help!!

~jen

ps- yes, I know this has been covered before; but I'm having trouble coming up with the right search terms to find the old threads-- must be more "blonde-ness" :greenpbl:

2. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Did you try your card's manufacturer? I bought one a couple of weeks ago and there was an offer for a free program with it.

If you could find a copy of Hiram's boot CD you could use that but it might be a bit much.

3. deanimator

deanimator TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just had a card go haywire 2 days ago (immediately after shooting a drug bust by a swarm of ninja-masked cops) and lost around 80 pix.

Downloaded and tested 4 so-called recovery programs, including one which I paid for, with NO LUCK before discovering PC Inspector Smart Recovery which has pulled about half of them back!

Free here http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/smart_recovery/download.htm?Language=1

4. TCimages

TCimages TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  5. JenR

JenR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the suggestions. I used PC Inspector and recovered most of the images. :D