Image sensor cleaning

I believe if you manual focus at f/22 then shoot at clear sky. You should see any dirt or oil that is on your sensor that way. If I remember correctly that is how everyone was doing it during the D600 scare of 2014.
If you don't have clear skies the same approach works with a well lit wall/paper or computer screen, as long as there's no detail in the subject. Longer exposure & moving the camera around will help if there's no perfectly uniform subject available.
It can help to maximize the contrast in post.

I recentely got a "Sensor Gel Stick" dry sensor cleaning solution, and plan to use it soon. All the reviews looked quite interesting and I decided to give it a try.

Sensor Gel Stick

Have anyone else tried that? Any experience with it? It's said not to be appropriate to Sony mirrorless cameras. And to be ideal for DSLRs in general.

I've been considering the same, so please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks.

I cleaned my sensors for years (starting with my D70 back in 2004).. but now i'm just too lazy.

I pay ~$35 to have a local shop do a nice deep clean. Not only do they clean the sensor but they get all that dirt and schmutz in all the crevices.

I recentely got a "Sensor Gel Stick" dry sensor cleaning solution, and plan to use it soon. All the reviews looked quite interesting and I decided to give it a try.

Sensor Gel Stick

Have anyone else tried that? Any experience with it? It's said not to be appropriate to Sony mirrorless cameras. And to be ideal for DSLRs in general.

The Gelstick is my new best friend. But I had to still use my sensor swabs the first time for an old stuck on dust spot. The stick is so easy it is ridiculous.

I believe if you manual focus at f/22 then shoot at clear sky. You should see any dirt or oil that is on your sensor that way. If I remember correctly that is how everyone was doing it during the D600 scare of 2014.

I agee, and will add you will most likely have to switch your cameras focus mode to manual to get it to trip the shutter, because there will be nothing to focus on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back