Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

When dealing with Web site designers, is there a common file/image size they prefer ?

Seems the company I'm dealing with doesn't answer their phone on the weekend :sexywink:

Cheers, Don

It completely depends upon the website's layout, whether it's fixed width, variable, if the image is for a sidebar, banner, etc.

For example, when I do images that are meant to be in the body of the text but off to the side witht he text flowing around it, I usually limit to 6" (432 px) wide or 8" (576 px) tall. If you really want it bigger, I'll provide it as a clickable link to the bigger version.

For a banner-like image that you want to be wide enough for everyone in a non-fixed-width situation, you need to make it at least about 1000 px wide. I did some research on this, looking for the latest stats on screen resolution folks use.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

When I asked my client what size/format they required the answer was "jpeg"..

I'll talk to the web designers tomorrow :)

Cheers, Don

Greetings,

When dealing with Web site designers, is there a common file/image size they prefer ?

Seems the company I'm dealing with doesn't answer their phone on the weekend :sexywink:

Cheers, Don

yes, maybe I'm late - but it's entirely up to a web company)

Whether selling to a portrait/wedding client or to a commercial client, I typically give them the full resolution file. That way, they have the best possible file for their use...no fuss, no muss.

This eliminates the issue/problem of trying to figure out which size they want/need and trying to figure out a different price for a 'half size' image etc.
Full size, full price...done deal.

Rule of thumb on photos for web, is not so much the dimension , a 5x7 or 8x10 will be fine for the web designer I think what you need to take in consideration is the DPI, scale it down to 72dpi, this way it's light on size and does not take long to load. The web designer will re size the photo as need it.

Most reactions

Back