Image Sizes too large

allanio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
HI
I just switched form the mvcfd75 mavica to the new 5 megapixel sony and im having a problem with image size. With the old camera photos came to 30k-70k max, and with this a 5 megapixel pic comes to 900k and the lowest setting (for email etc) comes to 150-200. Even after optimizing they come to only 120-140
Can anyone help ?
I have a website and need photos to be 30k-70 absolute max
thanks
allan

allanio said:
HI
I just switched form the mvcfd75 mavica to the new 5 megapixel sony and im having a problem with image size. With the old camera photos came to 30k-70k max, and with this a 5 megapixel pic comes to 900k and the lowest setting (for email etc) comes to 150-200. Even after optimizing they come to only 120-140
Can anyone help ?
I have a website and need photos to be 30k-70 absolute max
thanks
allan

your going to need an image editing program such as photoshop or gimp or imageready to make the files viewable for the web.

Thanks
Is that the only way ?
Because if so I wouldnt have the time at all to edit. It would take the whole day every day for the amount of photos I put on the web.
I wonder why the lowest setting still comes out at 180 or so. Is that normal ?
My mavica always shot at 30 bytes-60 tops

resize1.3.jpg

I use Picasa2 for resixing and JPEG sizing.. This is a free program

Steve :thumbup:

the higher the mega pixel resolution...the higher the filesize.

and you can create an action and batch resize pics.

ok I tried picasa and other image editors , but when I knock it down to 50-80 bytes the pics are all way too small
any ideas ?

Thats using dimensions to change the size of the file, try changing the quality to an acceptable level then resize to make smaller if you need.

Most reactions

Back