Image Theft | Copyright | Intellectual Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw: ive been building websites and using photoshop since 4.0 came out. I'm almost 27 and I made my first website at 15. I know my way around the "i-world" lol

LoL, I'm 45 and have been doing html, java AND computer programming for decades. Not to mention graphics, both online and print.

Cooler King's ice seems to have melted because he's all wet and obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

He has admittedly never tried to protect an image and (apparently) doesn't know how to do research on such subjects. He's trying to sound important or special or something without really being aware of what the hell he's talking about.

I totally agree. I know about 4 or 5 ways on a windows based machine. But if he wants me to go with a linux machine...lol i can give him ways there too. Linux rocks btw ;) i use it for everything pretty much

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME JAVA SCRIPT.

Thanks for that. I never would have thought that java script can do things like clear the clipboard.

Now tell me again how that is supposed to run? Because I tried putting it on my website, I went to that website, and all that happened was that tiny little script blocker icon in the bottom right corner of my browser lit up.

Now since you clearly have no concept of digital rights management let me enlighten you. There is no way at all you can deliver readable content to someone and NOT have them be able to copy it freely. If you do have such a method why not give Sony a call, since the millions they invested in their retarded BD+ encrypted Blurays couldn't hold up against a bunch of teenagers with some spare time.

Your method of security works like this:

Me: Here's the worlds most secure vault, behind it is the picture for you.
You: How do I see the picture.
Me: Oh that's right, here use this key.
You: How does that stop me stealing the picture.
Me: ... Don't steal the picture.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME JAVA SCRIPT.

blah blah blah........Sony...blah blah....Blue Ray..blah

It seems I have rattled a few monkeys cages.

Here is a banana. Pick the cleverest amongst you to see what it does

Image Cut (image Splitter) download - Visitors are forced to return to the site every time they want

Or these guys can give Sony a call...

http://www.invisitec.com/

or these http://www.artistscope.com/secure_image_demos.asp

Yawn. You are all boring me now. It's prob a Yank thing. But then the last retard to post was an Aussie so maybe not.

Last edited:
Wow, it creates frames for the images. Whoopie!

How is that going to stop me from using something like SnagIt or CAMTASIA or IView from capturing the image?

Answer: It isn't.

Again, got a link to test? I'll gladly admit defeat if you can prove your point.

Cooler King's ice seems to have melted because he's all wet and obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's nothing to do with ice grandpa. The name is a Steve McQueen homage

He has admittedly never tried to protect an image and (apparently) doesn't know how to do research on such subjects. He's trying to sound important or special or something without really being aware of what the hell he's talking about.

Not quite. But well done for not actually reading my post. I said I had never attempted to STEAL an image. And you still have not listed the 10 ways you would steal it. Your disappointing. At least O|||||O had some genuine sense about himself. :lol:

It's nothing to do with ice grandpa. The name is a Steve McQueen homage

Not quite. But well done for not actually reading my post. I said I had never attempted to STEAL an image. And you still have not listed the 10 ways you would steal it. Your disappointing. At least O|||||O had some genuine sense about himself. :lol:

You're right, I haven't given you any examples of how to defeat image protection... And you've given me a dozen links to images I can't steal... :lmao:

YOU decided to move it here? You're the first moderator I've ever seen with only 26 posts. HA!

A photography forum is the perfect place to discuss photography theft.

Seriously, you haven't a clue, have you? If you have any proof, please, like I said in the other thread, post up or SHUT UP. Mkthx.

But he's an author of 52 books!

:lol:

But he's an author of 52 books!

:lol:

Yes, I saw that claim, and followed the link to his blog, where he lists these books as being on his reading list:

7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Stephen Covey

How to Win Friends and Influence People
Dale Carnegie

I'm wondering if he has already read those books, of if they're on the bucket list? I wonder if it would be possible to stop people from copying text from one's web blog, through some sort of JAVA jamming or HTML-blocking or XML-blocking code? LOL

Maybe he should watch the movie "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People".

So every solution you posted still results in the image being displayed on my screen, congratulations I can still steal it, it is after all shown on my screen. Kudos to the system that generates the website via encrypted javascript. Pity that it sends over the file and then decrypts it locally.

In any case I you have completely missed the point. a) None of these systems work when sharing photos here on online forums, and b) no amateur in their right mind will spend money on software like this because as you said studies have shown there isn't a problem.

Oh well your retarded circular babbling has bored me now. That's probably not a UK thing, it's just you. :clap:

Last edited:
So

1. Embed inside a flash file
2. Disable/modify context menus
3. Display photographic images inside password protected viewing sites
4. Paste a transparent image inside a Div container over the image
5. Watermarking visually
6. Disable context menu combined with,
a. Unreadable source code
b. Encrypted source code (filepath cannot be retrieved)
c. Print Screen disabled via overflow
d. Image divided into 1000 sections which have to be individually electronically restitched

1. You download the flash file
2. This'll only work with Windows. Use Mac OS, Linux or *NIX
3. I thought we were talking about public images. PW protection won't make it public.
4. View source code and get the url for the pic.
5. Depends where you put the watermark. If it's on any of the sides, it can be cropped out. Depending on the motive, photoshop will be your best friend. (Or any image editor.)
6. See 2.
a. Won't stop you if you're using Mac OS, Linux or *NIX. Don't need the sc to download the pic.
b. This is the same method as you mention in a.
c. Only works with printscreen and not dedicated software for screenshots. If you're using JavaScript for this, disable JavaScript in the browser.
d. This would be the best shot, but will be overcome with screenshots.

PS:
I would advice you to behave properly on this forum as your heading toward becoming quite unpopular among your peers.

So

1. Embed inside a flash file
2. Disable/modify context menus
3. Display photographic images inside password protected viewing sites
4. Paste a transparent image inside a Div container over the image
5. Watermarking visually
6. Disable context menu combined with,
a. Unreadable source code
b. Encrypted source code (filepath cannot be retrieved)
c. Print Screen disabled via overflow
d. Image divided into 1000 sections which have to be individually electronically restitched

1. You download the flash file
2. This'll only work with Windows. Use Mac OS, Linux or *NIX
3. I thought we were talking about public images. PW protection won't make it public.
4. View source code and get the url for the pic.
5. Depends where you put the watermark. If it's on any of the sides, it can be cropped out. Depending on the motive, photoshop will be your best friend. (Or any image editor.)
6. See 2.
a. Won't stop you if you're using Mac OS, Linux or *NIX. Don't need the sc to download the pic.
b. This is the same method as you mention in a.
c. Only works with printscreen and not dedicated software for screenshots. If you're using JavaScript for this, disable JavaScript in the browser.
d. This would be the best shot, but will be overcome with screenshots.

PS:
I would advice you to behave properly on this forum as your heading toward becoming quite unpopular among your peers.

Bravo Sir.

However, my behaviour has been a reflection of the narrow mindedness of some of the more prominent posters. This thread was started because of the intolerant attitude that several members displayed towards a new user.

They did not offer any practical advice or techniques for protecting images they just said (paraphrase)
stop b1tching or get off the internet. It cannot be done

o|||||o at least revised his statement however the majority of the posters on this thread have basically boasted about how they could steal any image they want.

Makes you question which side people want to affiliate themselves with. Those who are attempting to make image theft more difficult or those who are encouraging photographers into lax standards because
it cannot be done

Some people need to revaluate their attitudes and I don't consider anyone on an anonymous internet forum my peer. However I will be quite happy for the mods to review both threads and make a judgement. Just because someone has 3000 posts does not mean they can speak to people how they please or that they are automatically correct.

Thankyou all for taking a look at my blog though. It's a pet project for a New Year's Resolution :thumbup:

Not sure why it seems to have become a source of derision? I don't see anyone deriding REKD for tearing up the countryside in ATV's etc etc. Also not really sure why people like Derrel have taken it as me claiming to have written the books myself. Must be typical American attitude of talking before thinking. As for protecting the images and text, if I wanted to protect it then I would.

But if you are bored the get lost. No one is forcing you to read or post. Actually if you don't care then maybe you should be questioning why you continue to post?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but there are no excuses for behaving like a tosser, which you did in the op.

This is what I believe the most people on this forum reacted on, and I did myself too. You behaved like a troll, and people responded to it.

The OP was a reflection of a previous thread. But again more abuse.

But I stand by my original post.

It is ridiculous for new posters to arrive here and be met with such a cynical attitude to protecting your work. No one pointed him in the right direction for tutorials or debate on the subject. Makes you wonder exactly what this forum is about.

If there is a tosser on here it is certainly not me.

Threads like this just confirm that it is the same twats posting like they work for National Geographic.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/187921-more-today.html

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/off-topic-chat/187705-everyone-ready.html

Might as well rename it the Mutual Back Slapping Society Forum.

Last edited:
So you agree now that it's impossible to stop someone from stealing an image put online, the only thing that can be done is making it more difficult? If so, that's what the twats have been saying all the time. I don't understand what's so offensive by saying that it can't be stopped. It's the same with for example patents, you can't prevent someone from violating your patent. The only thing you can do is keeping your invention secret, just like keeping your picture offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back