Image transfer from a slide of an SX70 manipulation

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by terri, Oct 27, 2004.

1. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Am I losing it? :scratch: It's okay to tell me, really. I have to make slides of my work on a copystand to submit to arts festivals....so it occurred to me....right. :p

Here's the ship. I squared it off when I scanned it. The rectangle on the image transfer is just a yellowish/brown blank, doesn't detract too much from the image. This was done like the other 2, with Polapan 100, which gives a yellow cast to transfers. I went at it with pastel pencils to make some areas lighter and add detail. Still looks bizarre to me, but I kinda like it.

What do you all think?

[​IMG]

2. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

It looks very bizarre. But that's what makes it interesting. Otherwise it would just be a photo of a boat. I like the colours and the yellow boarder is good to. It frames it.

3. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Ferny! I'm glad you like it. It's growing on me.

This is one of those images that I see is getting a few looks but no one is commenting on it. :wink: It is unusual looking, given that it's a double-Polaroid process. It looks great just as an SX-70 manipulation, but I felt like pushing that envelope, just to see what would happen. :twisted:

4. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

Terri, I've looked at this picture about seven times. I really like it but it's hard for me to process. I'm starting to go into the "must buy more polaroid stuff" mode. :D

I really do like this. Yet another reason for me to put the daylabs on my watch on eBay. I would actually frame that and hang it over the couch.

5. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    See....that's a huge compliment IMO. Sometimes, I want to feel like I can put out alt stuff that requires some study. When I do something that has me scratching my own head :scratch: over what the heck did I just do, I appreciate the feedback even more!!

Thank you, my buddy. :wink: I am rooting for you to get a Daylab....join me in my madness. :twisted:

6. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Ter...I've also come back several times...I don't exactly know what it is about it, but I really like it to. In a way it almost looks 3D to me...like I'm not looking at a picture, but recalling a fuzzy memory. :) Ya know..I REALLLY wanna get into this stuff too, but I'm trying my damndest to suppress the urge until I can actually AFFORD it!!! :)

7. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Terri, I have to say I dont like this one, I love it. Just the whole Idea is awesome, I think the ships work perfectly with the whole idea.

Like it woman, its great :thumbsup:

Im also guilty of wanting to buy more polariod stuff thanks to you :p

8. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, here's the original SX-70 manipulation, you may have seen this thing and that's your "fuzzy memory". :wink: Hobbes has done a ton of SX-70 work, so he has the edge knowing what he's seeing. I made a slide of this image so I'd have one when I have to send in slides of my work to apply for art shows....and, since I had the slide of this, that's when I thought, Why not? :p

Does the process make better sense now? It's a regular image transfer, just using Polapan 100 which is admittedly funky film for that technique.

[​IMG]

9. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How the hell did I miss this one :shock: That is my favorite post to this entire alt-techniques forum. It's just a killer image all around. It's too bad these things are one of a kind cause would love one of those hanging on my wall.

10. Not Neve

Not Neve TPF Noob!

Terri, i love this one! To me it feels like a ship out at night, perhaps a stormy night. You're making us all want to learn this technique!

11. terri

Photos NOT OK to edit
    bwahahaha!!!! That's my plan.... :twisted:

We need more members on the P-team!!

I am planning on framing this one, since I matted it for the last arts festival and it looks great just matted (sometimes that helps me decide if I want to put more effort into a piece). It does have a ghostly kind of feel to it....took me awhile to decide whether or not I liked it! :LOL: