Imagery...

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Yemme, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Yemme

Yemme No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I posted this in another thread and It got me thinking about imagery. What caught your eye when you were a child? One that was so beautiful it stuck in your mind, you never forgot it. I'm not sure if it's only pictures, I say anything, maybe even a painting. Do you recall any from childhood? And... If your a car fanatic then I'll accept cars ...:lol:

2. Bee Bee

Bee Bee TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I guess my images I remember from early childhood would mainly be paintings, but in later childhood memories of images that stick in my mind are Challenger exploding, the Berlin Wall and probably most poignantly Tianemen Square - all pretty depressing but then I am a dark kind of person!

Photographs of Audrey Hepburn appealed to me when I was very young (long before they became a fashion statement on every Tom Dick and Harry's Handbag). The glamour and crispness of the shots appealed to me.

3. Yemme

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you Bee Bee. I thought no one was going to respond.:lol:

Tianemen Square that image/video I will never forget!

I know what you mean about Hepburn... So many actors who did shots like James Dean stay in my mind, the B/W. But I really love old movie posters.. Not sure if it's the colors or the fonts that I love.

Oh well, Thanks for posting.

4. Bee Bee

Bee Bee TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do love the colours in the 50's and 60's! I think with the Hepburn shots it had a lot to do with how they were lit etc - they always looked so clear skinned and young! xxx

5. Yemme

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I remember the movie "The Picture of Dorian Gray"... As a kid watching it I was scared as hell but in some scenes I remember thinking what a lovely portrait. The shadow and light. It was just grand. I think I might have to rent that movie haven't seen it in ages.

At 0:58 and 1:58... Love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  6. LuckySo-n-So

LuckySo-n-So TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was always more about sounds/music and smells (my first whiff of yeast rolls baking in the school cafeteria on my very first day of kindergarten is the stuff of dreams).

But this painting has always intrigued me since my earliest childhood memories.

[​IMG]

7. Yemme

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The One thing that I loved was the scratch and sniff....:lmao:[​IMG]

LuckySo-n-So, That is a very interesting painting. Do you do any photography collages. Maybe you can try to replicate it with some of your shots. I think we are influenced by our surroundings to create. Some people don't even realized it.

Thanks for your post.