Images For The Web

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm aware of how to save, format, etc. images that I upload to the web, but I have a question. In Windows 10 the screen saver/background images have certain elements that I've found illusive to duplicate. It's almost as if they have elevated levels of black, which makes them pop on the screen. Anyone have any suggestions on duplicating the effect? I've tried the LR/PS export for web, and experimented with the options but still not there.

Or provide a link to one you'd like to emulate.

It's almost as if they have elevated levels of black, which makes them pop on the screen. Anyone have any suggestions on duplicating the effect? I've tried the LR/PS export for web, and experimented with the options but still not there.

It may not be an export setting at all, it could just be how they edited the images.

It's almost as if they have elevated levels of black, which makes them pop on the screen. Anyone have any suggestions on duplicating the effect? I've tried the LR/PS export for web, and experimented with the options but still not there.

It may not be an export setting at all, it could just be how they edited the images.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. As I said it's almost as if the black is enhanced. I've noticed it more in Windows 10, than previous versions will try to find a link or do a clip

Screen Saver - the OP SAID Screen Saver displays the photos "better". Any idea what Windows 10 does to the photo when it displays it?
I've noticed also that some photos on the screen saver seem to have more POP. The software adds frames and some pop and floats them at different angles as well as zoom and such.
I don't know the answer to the OP's question..

It would be easy to take any image and display it, using an eyedropper to check color values. Then make the image the wallpaper and use the eyedropper to see what's changed.

Could be a combination of clarity, sharpness, vividness and saturation sliders, as well as adjusting levels or curves.

I think there is something in the windows default monitor profile that boosts the black level, sharpness and saturation, but when you install a custom color profile, it does away with it "except in the wallpaper/screen saver"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back