Images submitted to the forum

darich

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.darich.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking of entering the competition but i know one of the rules is that any entries must never have been submitted or uploaded before.

How can i check what I've uploaded?
Would it be possible to have something in a users control panel that records their uploaded images?
If not, how can i check so that i don't fall foul of the rules??

You can search back through your own posts, you know. Should give you an idea, based on your own comments or that of others, if the actual link to the image is gone.

Thanks Terri.

I knew about the searching through my own posts.....but as time goes on and I have more and more it would take longer to search.

And i know there are members with thousands more than me!

I like this idea. :) Of course, if you are a subscriber you can just look in your gallery.

I like this idea. :) Of course, if you are a subscriber you can just look in your gallery.

EB
I didn't realise subscribers had that functionailty but what about the non-subscribers?
And what about images posted that aren't in your gallery? eg posted for critique? trying photoshop methods?
i think a record or log in the control panel would be very helpful.......what about even making that a subscriber function? it may encourage others eg me, to become one!

As a programmer, I can tell you that this would take a bit of work. Images are usually posted with just a simple tag. All new code would have to be added that looked at every post, checked if an image tag was used, and then have the information stored into a new database table. I don't know if the result would be worth the effort or extra storage. Some people's lists would get huge, and you'd need to mess with display formating, etc. Would file names be enough (IMG_00302.JPG), or would people forget what was what? Storing the actual images, even as thumbnails, would take even more space. People delete images from their servers, so links wouldn't be enough.

I think it's a cool idea, but I don't think people understand what's involved in board modification. I haven't even touched on testing and security issues. Sometimes even a simple mod can open a huge security hole, so it needs to be rigorously tested.

Thanks for that Mark

I'm no programmer and obviously have no clue on the work involved although i did suspect it would take some work.

hadn't even occurred to me about security issues!

Most reactions

Back