Imperial Sugar Factory

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Maybe not so sweet. I went for a darker feel here, because I felt the bright shining Imperial Sugar photos have already been done to death. The only photoshop work I did was the vignetting effect (I know it's not realistic, but I think it works) on the water tower, curves and sharpening. Let me know what you think:
ImperialSunforum.jpg

Missingforum.jpg

Watertowerforum.jpg

Very good photographs, all of them are good quality. The composition on the first and light are unusual but work very well, just enough light to make the image, very well done. The second is also well composed, really like the texture from the old windows as well as the color. The third is so sharp, really like the evening light on it, and the vignetting works IMO. Bottom line, a terrific set of pictures

clarinetJWD said:
Let me know what you think
Very much makes me wish I'd have taken shots of the water tower near me which looked exactly like that one before and during them pulling it down.
I like the exposure in the first, the patterns in the second and the viewpoint and texture of the last. The vignetting looks ok to me. It's sort of Holgaish.

the last one is very very neat! I love the colours (as usual) and I love the light!

Great job on all these Joe :) As far as the third shot goes I too like the one posted here better :) It seems to be more fitting with the shot. Love the second one, you have a knack for finding those type of shots ;) The lighting in the first is nice as well.

Nice series, the first really drew me into the scene.

Most reactions

Back