Importing Issue

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by g2k556, Jan 30, 2009.

1. g2k556

g2k556 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Recently I've been having photos import like this. I use Lightroom, and I got the same effect when I used bridge. Not all of my photos import like this, just some. On the camera they appear fine, but once imported they are like this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    at a guess it could be your memory card is broken - try formatting it in camera and seeing if you keep getting these sorts of shots. If you do then I would dump the card and get another.
    If - however you have a range of cards and there is no pattern that could be more of a worry

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do those image look like that on the card, in the camera?

4. g2k556

g2k556 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yea, they look fine on the camera with the card in it. And this happens on a few of my cards, so I'm not sure it's card specific. I just reimported to a different file location, and it imported them correctly. I'm just not sure if it's camera related, cord related, or computer related. I have card reader but it's a cheapo and broke before I could put a card in it. came free with the computer case.

edit: i format before every use btw, forgot to mention that.

5. dl4449

dl4449 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have had that happen something similer happen to me when importing with ACD but when viewed in Lightroom they looked fine. Mine had a green band running acrose the image???
    Troy

6. g2k556

g2k556 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I believe it's a computer problem. My parents have a card reader in there comp, so I transfered the files on to a flash drive and plugged it into my computer. I had issues with this too. So I'll be on a computer forum trying to get this straightened out. I think it may be a driver issue with my chipset.