Improving south London?

freelunch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrydavis.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by some of the sepia/b&w and HDR shots I've been seeing lately, I thought I would try and improve this shot:

raw.jpg

It was taken on a typically gray English day. Why? I liked the grassy field/Andrew Wyeth feel. It's hard to believe, looking at this photo, that you are in central London. I shot it with my Canon IXUS 70.

Anyway, I think this is an improvement, I just don't know if it was worth the time:

sepia.jpg

I like the first one better than the second one. It has that "impressionists" look to it.
It can probably be improved, but to me, limiting the colors to two is not improving.

I like the first one better than the second one. It has that "impressionists" look to it.
It can probably be improved, but to me, limiting the colors to two is not improving.

Ha! While I accept your criticism, some sort of color distortion was rather the intention. Maybe "improvement" was the wrong choice of word.

As usual, I'm quite late getting to see your threads.

I like both your versions. The first for its Wyeth feel as you say, and the second for its exuberance. For some reason, it gives me the feel of an infrared photo. Is that crazy?

Most reactions

Back