In a singel Frame. Water is Precious

thepixies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana,arial][SIZE=-1] I've been challenged to take a photo, that shows that water is Precious. how could i do this in a single photograph?

If anyone has some ideas. i'd be extremly grateful.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, now, if we did your assignment for you, it wouldn't be your assignment, would it? :) That's like being asked to write a story about something and then asking other people for ideas. The whole point is to see how creative *you* are and inspire you to think outside of the box.

just thought you could help me getsome ideas happening. wondered how you would go about it.

dosent matter then.

thanyou anyway

Sit down with a pad and paper, write down all the uses you can think of for water, now highlight those tht you think could be considered precious, now cross out any that are not visual or you don't think can be done.

You should now have a list of highlighted shots that are your first priority and other shots that can be done as backups. Now go out and get shooting!

Personally I think - drinking, a lack of water, drought, water wheels, water for recreation. There's a few ideas.

One way I've found that helps me is to look up the key word(s) in Roget's Thesaurus. All sorts of associations come to mind. I'm a word freak, though. Sometimes I have to set a timer to pop me back out into the world.

Hope this helps while still being ethically correct.

Hm.. well depending on where you live.. I could picture an old rusty canteen on a dry parched patch of ground with a hanging drop of water (would probably want to use something more viscous so 'water' drop stays and doesn't fall)

first idea that came to mind was a newborn being supported in a bath with the adult squeezing a sponge above bub, and the water dripping onto bub - probably didnt explain well but can see the shot in my mind (like that helps!!!!) x

chakalakasp said:
Well, now, if we did your assignment for you, it wouldn't be your assignment, would it? :) That's like being asked to write a story about something and then asking other people for ideas. The whole point is to see how creative *you* are and inspire you to think outside of the box.

IGNORE THAT! This is a forum.. we are here to help!

I think a cool shot would be a really low viewpoint of like a desert type scene (just lots of sand... you are low..so it could just be a pile..lol and then a nice cold glass of water to the right of the frame, with good condensation.

:)

zedin said:
Hm.. well depending on where you live.. I could picture an old rusty canteen on a dry parched patch of ground with a hanging drop of water (would probably want to use something more viscous so 'water' drop stays and doesn't fall)

I also totally see a canteen.... a sweaty desert traveller peering into an upraised empty canteen. Or consuming the last sparkling drop?

when I think about doing creative things with water and reading what I've read in the thread, I think a cool photo ould be to get a kid and old person to sit REALLY still both drinking water and hold the shutter open. I think it'd be cool to see the people clearly (mostly) and the water blurring. but i think that the old person and kid sitting at a table would be cool.

just a thought

That's an awesome point. You can show precious water is by showing the lack of it. A wilted flower, desert, etc.

journeyman said:
Fly to Africa where water really is Precious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back