In camera focus stacking

Kenneth Walker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Burghfield Common, near Reading, Berkshire, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Exploring the features of my PanasonicG80/G85 (depending on where you live). Thought I'd try the post focus feature. Can't see a huge advantage in it, apart, possibly from macro work.

fstack1.jpg

Interesting feature. Nice shot of healthy looking orchids.

This is correct, the advantage of focus stacking is mostly with macro/micro photography where small Fstops still don't cover the focus range. You could also use it when say your light is very low or your flash and ISO are max out and the smallest f-stop is F4 but you need more of the subject it focus, stack these and you should have a nice sharp images.

Well, yes, I had the camera on a Tripod....it takes an Mp4 clip scrolling through a number of focus points, after which the points you want can be selected in camera. Does a decent job, but one ends up with quite a small file size. I've taken a few shots now, and sometimes end up with some odd "fringing". i have no real intention of using the feature, but having shelled out quite a lot of money, decided to explore all the available features.

Fokus stacking can be used in all kinds of places as long as the image is static enough and you work from a tripod or some other fixed point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back