in camera HDR

gob144

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out n took some photos today but it was -40c so i made it snappy. I took 2 photos of everything i shot today one just taking a regular photo and the other using the in camera HRD. I prefer the regular ones but tell me what you think. C&C please.
p.s Im not at home so i got no editing programs and had to use paint:thumbdown:

regular
treesnetvers-1.jpg

HDR
hdrvers.jpg

HDR
treenetvers.jpg

regular colour.
treesnetvers.jpg

I would like to know this super camera that is capable of rendering an HDR composite in camera.

lol someones offended easily. Its a pentex K-m not my camera, but i was testing it out it looks like it just sharpens them though.

Exif data is there. Pentax K-m, Manual, f/19, ISO 100, 37.5mm - no lens or shutter data.

I'm not agreeing it is HDR, just mining the data.

-Shea

yea thats what i think, its kinda cheap looking to me im not a fan. guess its still gotta be done the old fasion way.

lens is 18-55mm and i dont remember the shutter.

There is no way that body has in-camera HDR capabilities. It really only looks like some aggressive sharpening and application of a wide S-curve to the luminosity.

Thats not to say a camera that could produce HDR pictures straight out wouldn't be cool.

I prefere the normal shot.

ANDS do you not beleive me the camera claims to have that ability. or do you think im just bull ****ting?

I don't doubt that theres some image trickery and what not that purport to produce HDR-esque photos (most of which is lost on a B&W photo), but I can not believe, without seeing the actual manual or sample shots, that this camera is cranking out true HD-Ranged photos.

No i fully agree these images are not HDR. In the camera when you look under digital filters its has soft,toy camera, star, colour, ect and one of them is HDR. I was just kinda shocked the camera claimed it had in camera HDR so i tested it out.

Most reactions

Back