Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The cloud cover has opened up a bit! :D

11:20 p.m.
Mondfinsternisum20nach11.jpg

Nothing newer as yet ... stay tuned.

Excelent, it has closed in here, cant see a thing, It would be a real treat to get another, i hope the cloud cover keeps away, if they are that quality too its fantastic :).

tim

you are so lucky! there is a big cloud hovering just above my house :(

looks good and it also looks good from here but I'm not going out in the cold again

Wonderful shot, Corinna!!! Wow. That looks like a still shot from a movie. Love it.

(Terribly overcast here, so I doubt I'll see the eclipse :( )

10 to 12 ... and I can no longer take any photos since my eye sight no longer allows me to focus. I just cannot see anything in the viewfinder any more. So sorry.

This 5 second exposure at f9.0 looks like the best of the latest batch I managed (and only half) to sort of see... no more.

Mondfinsternisum10vor12.jpg

Also what soft shining there remains right now as the moon is fully eclipsed has hidden behind a haze of thin clouds.

Thank you, yes, I did, but now I am all dizzy, have a crick in the neck, and feel like it got the most of it, but more clouds came (were already coming and making the second photo quite hazy, though that could also be the crop, in the original frame the moon is a lot smaller, of course, wanna see?) and I simply no longer could see enough to focus. A pity.

This is the original and totally untouched frame, only resized. Nothing else. This is the closest I can ever get to the moon with my very normal 300mm zoom:

Mondfinsternisum10vor12_origsize.jpg

ok, the cloud above my house has opened ... I'll give it a try now ...

I think it's great... that's about all I would be able to do with my similar lens if the darn clouds would part for a while. Thanks for posting these so quickly, Corinna. Helps me get over the frustration of not being able to see it here.

Well, I could not help myself and tried again at full eclipse (20 past midnight), and I can only present you this small version of the crop (it is too blurred, I really could not see what I was doing but wanted to do it, all the same!)

Mondfinsternisum10nach12.jpg

And here this uncropped version of the light gradually coming back, taken at 20 to 1

Mondfinsternisum20vor1.jpg

Both are 5 second exposures at f9.

Now the light is coming back more and more clearly but the moon is at such an angle now that I can no longer capture it from my bedroom window without a SEVERE crick in the neck.

So from here I'll wait for all the brilliant photos of the experts!

Well done Corinna! The glow of the partially eclipsed moon is only just now visible, but it's obscured by clouds still, and too hazy to photograph. Darn.

Thank you, yes, I did, but now I am all dizzy, have a crick in the neck, and feel like it got the most of it, but more clouds came (were already coming and making the second photo quite hazy, though that could also be the crop, in the original frame the moon is a lot smaller, of course, wanna see?) and I simply no longer could see enough to focus. A pity.

I know exactly what you mean! Had the same problems (even the neck ;) )

I did take several shots in a row with different focus, hoping I'd get one that does it :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back