In Honor of TCimages and Doenoe

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is my attempt at a dragonfly macro with a 135mm wide open at f/3.5 and natural light only. For some reason, this little guy stuck right on this metal post and didn't want to leave. Bonus for me. He even flew away several times but came right back to the same spot, no matter how close I got. Maybe something tasted good to him. :)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3460_3_700vigsigweb.jpg

This is lovely, and I like the dedication you're giving your thread, too! They deserve to get such nice photo dedicated to them!
I still have to find that one dragonfly who prefers to sit and pose for me!
For the time being, it's only the garden spiders who stay still enough for me and my attempt to get close-ups of them, nothing else.
That background colour is extra special, do you know that? Well, extra special to me, that is!!! :biggrin:

It looks great! I love the background colors too.

Thanks Lyncca! :)

This is lovely, and I like the dedication you're giving your thread, too! They deserve to get such nice photo dedicated to them!
I still have to find that one dragonfly who prefers to sit and pose for me!
For the time being, it's only the garden spiders who stay still enough for me and my attempt to get close-ups of them, nothing else.
That background colour is extra special, do you know that? Well, extra special to me, that is!!! :biggrin:

Thank you the nice reply Corinna. Yes, I know you like a certain color very much. ;)

Expanding a bit more on the dedication, I forgot to mention that Doenoe and TC are great inspirations to me, as are many talented people that on this forum, ones that have come and gone as well as those that have stuck around. Although, I know my images are no where near the calibur of the greats, I still enjoy doing a macro every now and then. :)

wow, a thread dedicated to the 2 of us. Thank you :) And thats a great pic, the fact that you used f3.5, gave it a somewhat small DOF, but i like it in this pic. Lovely colors too :)
And when dragons are warming up, they tend to sit still longer then normal. Thats why early morning is a good time too shoot dragons. Also, they come back to the same spot, cause they are pretty territorial. So once you found one, it ususally doesnt fly of very far. Same goes for butterflies which are basking. Not that they are territorial, but once the found a nice place to bask, they come back to that same spot if they get scared away.
Anyways, thanks again for this thread :)

wow, a thread dedicated to the 2 of us. Thank you :) And thats a great pic, the fact that you used f3.5, gave it a somewhat small DOF, but i like it in this pic. Lovely colors too :)
And when dragons are warming up, they tend to sit still longer then normal. Thats why early morning is a good time too shoot dragons. Also, they come back to the same spot, cause they are pretty territorial. So once you found one, it ususally doesnt fly of very far. Same goes for butterflies which are basking. Not that they are territorial, but once the found a nice place to bask, they come back to that same spot if they get scared away.
Anyways, thanks again for this thread :)

I was wondering if you were going to see this thread. ;) It was sinking pretty fast. So thanks for bumping it up again. Good info on the behavior of dragonflies and butterflies. Just goes to show that you know much more about that than I do. haha. Thanks for the nice reply Daan! :)

NJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back