In hot pursuit...(15,000)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Ladies and gentlemen (and Bace): We have a race!

And they're off...

Corinna on the last turn, but Corry Lyn on the back stretch, steaming her way forward!

She's at the 15,000 mark, and she just keeps going! I must say, I can't wait to see the rest of this showdown!

HAPPY 15,000 POSTS CORRY! :D
I'll catch you someday.

Wooot!! That's quite an achievement! Congrats.

Laie_3.gif
Laie_33.gif
Laie_41.gif
Laie_36.gif
Laie_37.gif
Laie_40.gif

wow... thats lots and stuff.... CONGRATS!

:cheers: :cheers:

With a dramatic pause right at 14.999 --- wake up again, Corry, and post the 15.000th post!

The champagne's waiting to be popped!

5011000_250_p1.jpg

Two years and nine months ago, I wouldn't even begin to believe you if you told me that my life would totally change, simply by typing 'photo forum' into a google search. I would have laughed if you told me that you could forge true and deep friendships with people all over the world through my keyboard and mouse. I would never have thought that I'd find friends through a website, that I know I'll still be friends with when I'm old and grey. But all of the above has happened.

I'm still in awe over the fact that none of this would have happened if Chase didn't one day get it into his mind that he should start a forum. Alison and Aubrey would have never met, gotten married, and had a beautiful baby girl. Corinna wouldn't have travelled all the way to America to meet up with a bunch of crazy photographers in Washington DC. Photogoddess and Malachite would never have found each other. And I wouldn't have travelled to DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Houston, San Antonio, Galveston...and soon Boston...all in under a year.

It was my love of photography that brought me to find this place...but it was the people that made me stay. Many of the people that were here when I joined have moved on, or only pop by for rare visits....but I still remember them, and how welcome everyone made me....how much they inspired me....how much they made me laugh. Even though many of them are gone, and very much missed...new people join everyday, and become part of the family. You all make this place home for me....it really takes all of you to make what we have here.

But of course...there are a few people who stand out, and have made an especially big impact on me. People who I won't ever forget...at least not until I get to the advanced stages of Alzheimers. ;) I'd like to sit here and list out everyone of those people that have made those big impacts...but it's 2:30am, and I'm getting a little loopy...so for now...I just want to mention two. Some of you know that I've had a pretty rough year...and these two have really helped me through.

Chase gets a huge thank you...firstly for even creating this site. I don't want to think about how empty my life would be had he never created this place. And over the past few years, he's become a close friend and a trusted confidant. I always know I have an understanding ear to vent to whenever life gets me down...or up....or sideways or inside out....or whatever other emotion I happen to be bubbling over with that day. I hope he knows how much I appreciate him just letting me talk...it truly does help a lot. I also have to thank him for installing chat...because that changed my life as well.

....which brings me to my next person. :p This past January, after chat was installed, I quickly became friends with Joe among others. I think I'd have a heart attack if someone added up all the hours we've spent talking online since then. He's become my chat buddy, my travel buddy, and my best friend online and in real life. And he's the number one reason I made it through this past year still maintaining at least a shred of sanity. He's been there for me through it all....doesn't matter how many times I need to cry or yell or scream...he's been there, no matter what...going way beyond what is expected of your average 'friend'. And it was because of this solid support that I was able to find the courage to make some positive major decisions in my life...decisions that have made my life happier and healthier.

I don't know what I did to be blessed with such amazing friends...but I will never take it for granted.

So...15,000 posts is a big milestone....but it's nothing compared to the other things that have happened to me on this forum....trips...friends....so much laughter, and so much love. I hope after another 15,000 posts, things will be even better. :)

And now it's 3am, and I can't see straight....and I just made the whole forum sticky with my sappiness....so....if I didn't make it clear in the above paragraphs...I love this place, and everyone here. :)

:hugs: Thats very awesome.

Pretty sure everyone here loves ya too. :) You're a great part of the forum.

Confident we'll see you hit 30,000 with just as many milestones in between!

CONGRATULATIONS Corr Lyn on your 15000th post.

CONGRATLATIONS to TPF for making such many more milestones possible.

well how can I put this???

ummmmmm.......errrrrrrrrrrrr.............. ohh ohh ohh I know

core.gif

Hehe...thanks everyone...

Lostprophet, that's awesome! Thanks!

And Joe...don't thank ME...you're the one I always feel I should be saying thank you to. :)

Most reactions

Back