in need of a camera bag - body 3 lenses... options are overwhelming

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really need camera bag so I can have a safe place to store my gear at home as well as take it along with me without being huge.

needs to hold:

canon t2i,
-18-55 kit lens,
-50mm 1.8,
-sigma 10-20.

i dont see myself getting anything else for a while

im looking at shoulder bags or messenger bags, local store had a lowepro nova 160 which i liked and could fit everything in but it was really tight.

im hoping someone with a similar setup can recommend a bag

thanks!

Price range? Have you done a forum search? There are a lot of threads on camera bags and each brands pros and cons :)

I'm having the same issue. I have 2 camera bodies, 5 lenses, 3 speedlights and accessories, wireless radio slaves, etc., and I'd like a centralized place to keep them all so they are not spread out around the house where they will get lost.

B&H has 100's of bags of every shape, size and color and it's a bit overwhelming...:lol:

I'd say get a bag for more room to expand your collection. If you can buy one pelican case for home storage and another for your travel needs win win all the way. Sup Bossy :)

I have a LowePro Slingshot 100AW and keep my gripped D7000, 50mm, 90mm macro and 18-105mm in it. That's with one of the lenses mounted, of course. It's a pretty decent bag and it's not too huge. LowePro is tough to beat for quality vs. price. I picked up my 100AW for something like $32 - you can get a good price if you shop around because it's the older model and has been replaced by the 102(?).

I have a Crumpler 5 million dollar home that just barely fits my T2i, kit lens, 50 mm and flash. I love the bag itself but wish i would have gotten a size bigger to give me room for expansion. It's a little tight.

Great bag though with extra storage compartments. On top of camera, lenses and flash, I'm able to fit a lens pen, polarizer, battery charger, memory cards etc.

^really?? My 5 mil holds 5 lenses, my body with a lens on it, and a flash. How are you packing it??Hi iByte :D

oops nm, I have the 6 mil :lol: sorry!!

Price range? Have you done a forum search? There are a lot of threads on camera bags and each brands pros and cons :)

price range i guess would be 40-80. once i figure out what i want ill prob just search for a used one.

i think i can get a decent idea of pros and cons but its more the space and arrangements of bags for specific gear that im having trouble with... i wish product reviewers would all state what gear they are so happily keeping in the bag.
For example, the lowepro nova 160 states its good for a camera with attached lens and two additional lenses... but i think they assume kit or zoom lenses because my wide angle is def wider than the space available but still leaves plenty of height.

Well, if you get a bag that has movable inserts, it shouldn't be a problem. Most do I think, my crumpler does. I really like it for storing/knowing its nothing is going to break because its a beast of a bag. But its a bit clunky to actually carry while shooting, so I'm making a "shootsac" this afternoon to wear when I'm out and about.

Well, if you get a bag that has movable inserts, it shouldn't be a problem. Most do I think, my crumpler does. I really like it for storing/knowing its nothing is going to break because its a beast of a bag. But its a bit clunky to actually carry while shooting, so I'm making a "shootsac" this afternoon to wear when I'm out and about.

what will your "shootsac" be?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back