In need of Kodak Retina IIIc Cocking Rack!

beebo98

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently bought a beautiful Retina IIIc, in great condition. Well, other than the cocking rack. The lower teeth are blown. Does anyone know where to find a shutter-cocking rack for the Retina Ib, IIc, IIIc, IB, IIC, IIIC, IIS or Automatic III/does anyone have extra parts laying around? That I could get shipped to the US.

Thanks

Sorry, I haven't picked up any Retinas (yet).
Hmm, have you tried rangefinderforum or apug ?

I have seen them on eBay USA though I don't see one right now. Micro-Tools used to stock them but I don't see any there either.

Micro-Tools Europe says they have them:
Micro-Tools Europe Tools | buy online

You can also pick up a Ib or Automatic III pretty cheaply on eBay if you are patient and scavenge the rack (assuming its in OK condition).

I have a IIIC and a IIIS and I'm sort of afraid to use them because I don't want to wear out the cocking racks. :)

Last edited:
A camera swap can be a good place to hunt thru boxes of small items (or ask the dealer for a specific part) if there's one in your area. Places like Pittsburgh Camera Exchange or maybe Midwest Photo Exchange have small items. Pittsburgh Camera Exchange has two stores, one with new and the other with old used equipment - they have a website and are on ebay.

Or maybe buy a similar camera in nonworking 'Parts' condition cheap that you could use the part you need (and save the rest if you might need other spare parts).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back