In need of professional opinions!!!!!!!

Putting out good work is less than half of the business of photography. Sorry I wish it wasn't so but it is. Most really good photographers fail miserably at the business of photography.

Where as olin mills who pays their photographers minimum wages went on and on. So longevity is NOT determined by quality of the product as much as the business model.

A sad but true fact of life.

Dollars is what business is about, not so much artistic merit. Take a look at the yellow pages in your town for the number of photograher who come and go over a five year period.

Im sorry I wish it wasn't so but it is. The best are not always the ones who survive. Case in point...I for sure wasn't the best photographer in the world, but I survived a lot of years with the Walmart model. A good solid quality product, at a price somewhat under the competition, and most important of all good personal service. Yes I set my film camera to the auto flash settings, and I shot nice safe shots. Now it didn't really satisfy my artistic desires, but it sent my daughter to a private school and if you look at my avitar I didn't miss many meals.

It isnt the only business model that works but it does work. My son in law has taken that same model to a new level and it works for him as well.

Most reactions

Back