In need of some opinion's.

Monsindara

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need opinions on which of the photos to send in for my assessments.... I will clearly explain the assessment task so you can make a judgment...

First task:-

Take a set of photographs to illustrate your understanding of Depth of Field.

Shot with a narrow DoF so your subject is in clear focus but your fore and background are out of focus.

rosevg1.jpg

kaylamsm6.jpg

kaylamwhiteflowersbr8.jpg

Take photographs to show movement.

One where you pan (follow) the subject making your subject clear my your background blurred.

bellhorsect0.jpg

bellhorse2vc0.jpg

one photo taken where your background is clear but your subject has moved and is blurred

elleos2.jpg

kaylamak0.jpg

And what out of these would you class as my best work....

batemansbayck1.jpg

batemansbayseagullshillfj8.jpg

sepiabatemansbayboathp1.jpg

What camera are you using to shoot these with?

There are 3 different camera's...

One is a digital Panasonic DMC-FZ5

Another is a older style Cannon (don't have the camera here at present to get details)

And the other is a Pentax MZ-50 AF SLR

I like the last ones. The first assignment sets, unfortunately, I'm not wild about. At all. Maybe it's because they have been compressed to hell and back, but I dunno - except for the bottom three - they all do nothing for me.

The first one definitely too small to see if you accomplished what you were supposed to. Too compressed, cant really make out relevant data in it.

The next two, colors are all over the place and seems kind of soft.

The horse photos - whats up with the black bar and the red text in the lower left corner?

Sorry the horse ones I am not to sure why the writing is there but the black bar is for the person standing there who didn't want to be seen by everyone online so I blacked her out for the online people...

I will try to get some other shots for the others....

Although out of the bottom three which one would you say is my best work? Those photos were taken with the Pentax using black and white film and a sepia filter. on a very overcast/raining day.

#1 and #3. The second one is ok (better than the top two sets), but something about the cars, and the "old" look throw me off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back