In search of Low-key Photographers

ifilia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I’ve been searching the net for a photographer who specializes in low-key photography to no avail.

Can anyone help me out and direct me towards someone who excels in this field?

Thankyou.

Low-key refers to a photograph made up of darker tones and little contrastign highlights. (high-key is the opposite)

An example of low-key would be: (google)
Avus_mod_small.jpg

I'm looking for a photographer who specialized in this technique, been searching all morning on the net and cant seem to find any.

You won't find any. It's like trying to find a painter who specializes in drawing with a red paint only.

It's just a technique. Find a photographer whose images you like and tell him to make it low key.

It's more for research than anything else.
Thanks for the reply.

This is a very interesting technique! Would you explain its application?
I am interested in learnibg about it....!

I know a photographer that shoots most of his portraits in low-key. People often do specialize, as many photographers have a style. I don't know many that do low-key, though, and not any that are on the web.

Michael Humle said:
This is a very interesting technique! Would you explain its application?
I am interested in learnibg about it....!
It's simply a style choice. Low or high key can push the mood in one direction or another.

BTW, I often see confusion about low/high key. It's not just about the color of the background.; it's about what the predominant tone of an image is. It's either going to be mostly dark or mostly light.

Mark, anychance of getting a link to this photographer, if he has an online folio that is.

Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back