Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hidden behind the veil...

vickiveil-bw-sm.jpg

Wow. Let me say that again... Wow.

The only critique I can offer is consider toning down the two hot-spots in the foreground... the one stipe on the shoulder and the highlight on the fold.

Pete

Fab!! :thumbup:
I really like your take on this. You think outside the norm!

Is that a 1600/3200 or a plugin?

thanks you guys!

Good suggestion pete, thanks!

daniel - it's actually just PS noise, but selectively...I did it mostly on the midtones, like grain, and i performed some extra unsharp masking that was too small to affect the image detail, so it just made the noise/grain more noticeable.

markc said:
I think I'd prefer it if the focus had been on her eye, but I still like it. It is a bit odd having the veil in focus and her eye sharpened, but her nose out of focus.

Gotta agree with Mark here. I love the image, it's powerful and haunting. Yet, that eye just doesnt sit right in this photo, it is sharp when the rest of the image is out of focus and grainy. Now, there aint nuttin wrong with grain shweetheart, just so ya know, but yeah, that eye just reaches out and grabs ya in a creepy way here.

Again, though, love it as a whole!

markc said:
I think I'd prefer it if the focus had been on her eye, but I still like it. It is a bit odd having the veil in focus and her eye sharpened, but her nose out of focus.

you have a good point. It's not sharp in the original, and I didn't try to bring out sharpness in it (aside from some levels and contrast on the eye itself because it was in the shadows, but nothing big)...I sharpened the whole image after the resize, and you can 'make' things seem sharp that were slightly OOF in the original. in other words, it would be OOF in print. thanks for pointing that out though!

Most reactions

Back