In the City

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some i rescued from the walgreen scan. Half the pictures
look as if they scanned it in in Black and white, not greyscale...

probably shot on HP5 and developed in Xtol.

In other news, my roommate is part of an art collective in Berkeley and their collective invited me to show pictures at thier first open house. Im way excited, but it means im gonna have to crank out a bunch of prints and frame them. When i decide on what im showing, ill post it here. And if you live in the bay area, you should come support local artists. There is gonna be ceramics, glass, painting and other stuff. Im the only photographer

1. Welcome to China Town, San Francisco
chinatown.jpg

a Study in Curves
(yes i know this one is tilted, but im using a computer with really no photoshop like programs so i cant fix it:x , feel free to edit it/ straighten it for me)
circle.jpg

My very first tilted frame pic
crazy2.jpg

a study in time
fountian2.jpg

and of course, the Golden Gate
goldengate2.jpg

I do always want to hear what you think i could have changed or done better
(apart from crappy scans)

#1 nice dof!!!

#5 just beautiful! i absolutely love it! especially the contrast change from left to right. good job

Is #2 taken at the Coit Tower? If so, I think I have a similar shot :p

Nice series.

Very nice. The last one is fantastic; it reminds me of some old Ansel Adams photographs that I saw today.

Wow! I love these. To be honest I've no idea what I enjoy so much about these shots, they just seem to have "it."

-Will

I really like the perspective on #5, very nice capture

Well, too late to be the first to tell you that your take of the Golden Gate Bridge is refreshingly "new" and "different" and "popping" and plain GOOD. All the others have said so before me.
But that doesn't influence my mind at all, since I was thinking "WOW!" upon only arriving at Photo 5, i.e. BEFORE I set out to read all the other comments. That one IS good and you should seriously consider that one to go into the exhibition.

You are in the Bay Area? Go to the "Meet-ups and Location Forum" "downstairs" then and join in on cherrymoose's thread on who is from the area (or was it someone else's thread and cherrymoose replied :scratch: ... whatever - they are looking for S.F. or Berkeley-based members there for a little local meet-up).

Oh, and I also really like DOF and clarity (texture!) of Photo 1. Also a bit of a DIFFERENT take on China Town. Cool.

Thanks!
Im glad you like the last one, i already made a print of it (11x14) But im gonna redo it to see if i can make a better one.
and while it may seem fresh...i actually saw a shot from a local artist taken near the same location...i would have taken the same shot from the same place anyway, but i wasnt the first.

and let me tell you, i almost lost my camera and possibly parts of my body getting to that location. i had to use my tripod as a tool to keep me balanced :)

I like them all, the last one is fit for a postcard !

but #2 comes alive in my mind !! I dont often see a good looking wide angle shot, but I realllly like this one...

That last shot of the bridge is spectacular. It's an unusual angle and I love the scenery around it. Great shot.

All of 'em are very nice, I love the texture in 1 and 3 is cool crooked.

#5 looks so rich because of the waves. And very nice perspective. It really blows me away.

thanks, i didnt realize this had been resurected from like the 5th page :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back