In the local paper

markc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markcarpenter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine had a show open last week. The local paper did a profile on him and he needed a picture to submit. It was rather last-minute, but this is what I came up with. I was planning to use window light, but he wanted to be near the wall with some of his images behind him. We used a floor lamp on one side, which is why the shadows are a bit harsh. Luckily I brought my reflector.

Ah well. I do like it, and it was cool to get it in the paper, regardless.

Manuel_2310.sized.jpg

Great shot. I like his expression and the fact that you can see his camera and his work.

Couldn't agree more... it sure is excellent!

Nytmair said:
congrats!! is this your first time having something published? or are you a pro? :)
Erm... neither. ;)
I've had two pieces go into a local photo book, and [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1932461019/qid=1060529009/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/102-2333270-9540144?v=glance&s=books]this book cover[/ame], but photography isn't a steady income stream for me yet.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :D

Congrats!! You are right to be proud of this one. Maybe it turned out so well because you had no time to overthink it. :wink: It's a terrific portrait - there's the photographer, holding his camera at this jaunty angle, with his work behind him on display. The lighting is even and there are no deep shadows at all. Who could ask for more??? Excellent work. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back