In the market for a SLR

First pic was shot with a very wide angle lens. Not sure if you meant the car shot or the style though. Second pic was also a wide but not as wide as the first.

You really can't go wrong with any of the major brands. Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony (Minolta), Olympus.

I was thinking about the style, and capturing the lights and details. With this be an ideal set up, Canon EOS Rebel Xsi 12.2MP Digital SLR Camera With 18-55 IS Lens Kit ? Or would i just buy the body and get my own lens to my needs?

theres 10,000 threds about starter cameras.. i suggest you check those out.. then if your still not sure, ask the questions that arent answered in those...

For a starter camera, the XTi is fine. In order to capture the shown images, a wide angle/ultra wide angle lens is needed. (looks like the 2nd image is from Hong Kong).

Agree with what Chris Burke said. In addition, please answer this short list of questions. :)

1. What's your budget?
2. Please describe the kinds of pictures you are interested in.
3. Do you expect to have some money later on to purchase accessories... if so, give us an idea of how much money and how often.
4. Do you intend to travel a lot with the camera?
5. Are you a Red Sox fan?
6. Do you have any particular physical needs or restrictions we should be aware of?

Ok, I was joking on #5. :)

Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery (30 Viewing)
Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!

Search newby is not a very nice way of saying hi. :grumpy:

I was thinking about the style, and capturing the lights and details. With this be an ideal set up, Canon EOS Rebel Xsi 12.2MP Digital SLR Camera With 18-55 IS Lens Kit ? Or would i just buy the body and get my own lens to my needs?

There is no ideal setup people are interested in so many different subjects. As for the light in both pictures its more propper exposure and taking the picture at the right time of day. For a beginner or higher, the camera and lens you have chosen is a good start. It has the abilities to do more than just auto mode which is necessary to really learn photography (if thats what you want). A good tripod will be needed as well for the night shots or any shot you really want the best crisp focus.

Thanks for all the info, i just don't want to buy anything than have to kick myself because its not capable of certain things.

1. budget around 900 +/-
2. the 2nd one above, not sure if its multi shots, but capturing the lights in a stream all in one frame
3. once i learn the ropes new lenses would be a must

but i am sure i am sold on the rebel xsi with the 18-55 IS it comes extra.

I'm going to make a wild guess here, but the two sentences below make me think those are not your images.
Hey, I am new to the photography scene but i was looking for a some opinions on getting some options.

Here some pictures of what i would like to get into.
Forum rules state to link images that are not your own.

BTW, hi and hello to TPF.

Carry on fellows..........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back