... in the rain

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
They hold mobile advertisement posters for ... work.

souslapluie.jpg

Yes, I have seen that in London a lot when I was there at the beginning of September last year. Some of those that hold up this kind of posters should also still be in amongst the photos of that meet-up, I think Tempra took one. (In amongst these somewhere ... I went to dig up that thread for you in "Past Meet-Ups").

This one was a fairly long exposure, judged by the motion blur in the people walking by ... how did you support the camera? Did they let you work with a tripod and never bothered with you taking their photo? And was this taken in Stockholm then?

Umm. Well, I thought there was a photo of the kind in the meet-up thread, but I have been through all of them just now (they are all still there which is the best part, no one has taken his off his server as yet, yay!), but :er: ... no. Not there... I was wrong.

You are right about the location. Thanks for that meetup thread, I haven't read it before. I'm not aware of similar scenes in London. Here, it's in the center area, after I asked, they didn't ostensibly pay much attention to my presence, which was good for my purpose. The exposure time was 1/6 second, because I treated it as a try on environmental portrait, I was personally more focused on the ambiance around even though I knew that's not perfect shooting condition. Afterwards I heightened up a bit the grainy look, but I must say I'm not satisfied now. The density is still not right.

Now it's redone..

Personally I'm a sucker for the black. I wanted the photo to come out this way:

souslapluie2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back