" In The Still Of The Night "

Love the conversion. Love the foam as a leading line. Love the intensity. Personally, I may have upped the exposure a half of a stop or so to get the whites more white, but that's a minor nitpick.

Jake

Thank you Jake,, it does seem a little bit darker on this site, when I view full screen on my Flikr page or in PS the whites are a little more prevalent, I didnt want to push this one to much or go "over the top" thanks again for looking and commenting

Looks just a tad dark on my monitor. Is your monitor calibrated?
yes sir,, I use a Spyder 4, click on image and check in Flikr full screen

I did recently to a recalibration where I just did my brightness, now that I look at it on a different monitor it does look a little bit dark I will have to go back and recalibrate that monitor again

Very nice. My quibble is that it "feels" tilted to the right. I know the beach probably slopes down, but even the clouds don't look right. It could be the camera was level and this is what everything actually was like, but even then it might be worth playing with this to see what it does.

little dark but I don't mind it. Nice capture good job!

I did about a one degree counter-clockwise rotation to bring the horizon back to level and opened up the midtone grays by about a 1/2 stop so I could get up to 237 in some of the foam areas (from 223) and 247 in the sky (from 232). I am not sure if you are having a monitor calibration issue as much as not being able to adjust correctly to your midtones. I use channel and luminosity masks to get deeper into my mid-range colors values. it is a good process to learn.

Thank you gang for looking and for commenting,, I came home this afternoon and did a recalibration,, somehow my "Brightness" was pretty far off indeed,, so I see what you were all saying about it being somewhat dark,, Bull I went into PS and I often use Luminosity masks too,, I pulled up my mid tone mask and boosted the mid tones, it helped alot !! I did a midtone boost but I see things in a different light now that I'm back on track again,, thanks again everyone for looking and for commenting !!

Shoo-do, shoobie-do.

I like it.

Most reactions

Back