In the tracery of years, will I be able to discover your history?

Semifusa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_8684 (Large)ednic.JPG

I think you should just go on ahead and trim off that sliver of the third opening at the top. You won't lose much, but will gain a lot.

Seems oversharpened and too contrasty on my monitor. I like what you saw, a lot ... but it is too hard on my old, weary eyes.
This is a problem for me because I already have some problems in my eyes and I never know where I should go. Thanks for the comment.

Excellent eye. Agree on the sharpness. You know it is too much when you get that frequency distortion. I have stopped sharpening my images because I don't see it well either. I actually had to set my sharpen back to the default setting in my Fujifilm X-T2.

Yes, there's some moire or frequency distorting going on in the old wiondow screeening, but my issue is the overall brightness level, which feels just a small bit too dim to me, to convey such a stark contrast range of what I assume is full, bright sun. I think a 3/4 to 1 EV brightening will make this image really sing!

Yes to cropping the top just a sliver, and to pull back on the sharpening (though I think part of the thing that makes it look more over-sharpened than it is, is the texture of the mesh. That always messes with a person's eyes, no matter what else is going on.) I don't mind the contrast/brightness level, but now I'm curious to see what Derrel's suggested brightening would look like.

These are all relatively minor critiques (the sharpening probably being the more significant of the three.) Overall, I love the textures and composition, and the contrast of the solid, brightly-lit window frame with the 'abyss' of the black inside the window.

What are you shooting with? Most modern cameras I've used need a minimum of sharpening it that.
In this case a EOS 7D (the old one) with a Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6. In fact, he was opening the lens. It was my first picture with her.

My dear fellow TPF, thank you for your comments and I am glad there are people on this forum who are not easy to please. I will continue to send my photos and wait for your criticism, always very accurate and made in a nice way.

Most reactions

Back