In Town

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a very old photo of mine on which I worked (more extensively than I usually do!) while I wasn't very active taking any new photos, and this is the result:

114fugngerinhhbw.jpg

This is the one and so far absolutely ONLY time I ever applied a radial blur to the edges ... is it a good idea, just passable, or one to better forget? I'm really not sure.

For someone who isn't too great on "street photography", to take this one was a bit of a challenge back then. I have taken more "street" in the mean time, but not all of it is good... To be honest: only a tiny fraction is passable.

Seems like the radial blur really forces your eye to center on the two women walking in the middle-ish part of the screen... if that was your intent, then I'd say it worked. :)

It also seems to help lend motion to anotherwise mostly static scene (aside from the feet), which is clearly an illusion now that I study it, but a good effect I think.

I'm not certain because I'm not much of a street photog or people photog, but the particular people we are drawn to aren't particularly interesting to me, so the shot itself doesn't seem all that exciting... the scene is mostly cropped out so if that would lend interest it didn't necessarily pop to me.

However, I think it's nicely composed, you did a great job in the B&W and it's very sharp. Overally, I think it's very solid picture.

If those are people you know, that might lend to it.

No, all of these are total strangers to me, and I kind of focused on mother and daughter because I felt like daughter had found out I was taking their photo. All in all, these are just people crossing a street in Hamburg close to the main railway station in what I think was a normal February day, and I was venturing into my very first attempts at taking photos of strangers. I'm glad it came out this sharp and does not have camera shake, as I may well have shaken enough to produce just that ;) !!!

No, all of these are total strangers to me, and I kind of focused on mother and daughter because I felt like daughter had found out I was taking their photo. All in all, these are just people crossing a street in Hamburg close to the main railway station in what I think was a normal February day, and I was venturing into my very first attempts at taking photos of strangers. I'm glad it came out this sharp and does not have camera shake, as I may well have shaken enough to produce just that ;) !!!

I'd have been shaking for fear of someone spotting me taking their picture and attacking me. :lol:

i like it. It's quite subtle, and draws your eye in.

I find it interesting that an image from a 2005 is considered very old. Everytime I go out and shoot street these days, I don't really expect what I shoot to start maturing until about 2019.

You are probably right: there are photos here (or their negatives) in my home that date back to 1978 ... those I might call "old".
But then this was just to say that I dug out a photo taken a while ago to work on it - for fun and to beat the boredom ;).

i think the black&white + the blur makes this photo. otherwise there'd be too many people in it and miss a focusing point.

Most reactions

Back