"in your face" baby pic's

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by user3977, Oct 29, 2007.

1. user3977

user3977 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I know the pictures are a little close up but i kindof like the way it fills the frame. suggestions on what to do next time are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ajay

Ajay TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These are nice, but they honestly look more like snapshots. One thing that causes this is the use of your flash. Try to find a place with a lot of natural light pouring in, such as by a window or an open door, and take some shots without the flash.

Also, eliminate distractions such as the brightly colored blanket in #1. A shot like #1 would also be much more pleasing if it were cropped vertically so that the baby's head isn't dead center with all that open space on either side.

I love that you wanted to fill the frame with the baby's face, and cropping vertically or even at an angle will help you accomplish that even better. If you still want to crop horizontally, don't have baby in the very center.

Adorable baby, though. I love the eyes! Looking forward to seeing more...

3. user3977

user3977 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    thank you, shot #1 though is a towel, and well he has a diaper rash and i did not want to remove the towel as he was "air drying" and well we all know what little boys like to do when its in the open. i was toying with the camera earlier today and got a few of him with a dark blue plad type background. going to see how they turned out and try to post up a few. thank you with the flash and lighting suggestions but can i ask if i have no windows to use what can i do?

4. Vivienne

Vivienne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #1, but the background is a little to colourfull in my opinion, maybe you can use a white blanket.
    It's a cute baby :)