Inconspicuous Bags?

redwood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do a lot of street photography. Whilst I really like my Lowepro slingshot, I'm always very conscious when I'm out in the streets that it's obviously a camera bag.

What I'd really like is a camera bag that's low key, maybe a bit scruffy, and doesn't obviously look like a camera bag, but still has the same functionality (padding, accessibility etc). I'm thinking of making one.

Does anyone know of a product that may fit the bill, or has anyone made something similar?

Cheers....

I use tamrac backpack style. To those who know Tamrac, they obviously know, to others it is a backpack.

I've found that when I'm out street-shooting I don't change equipment around much, and have more than once just brought along a standard backpack with a couple loose towels in it to protect whatever small amount of gear I'm bringing along.

After assembling a pile of bags whose utility just didn't quite satisfy, I now use two Crumpler bags, 3 & 5 mill
kinda dirty n beat up they do not advertise "CAMERA", protect the equip't nicely and allow for basic storage as well as attaching the usual collection of auxiliary equip't
haven't bought a new bag in years!

As others have stated, look at Crumplers, I my self am looking at the 6 million dollar home in brown. Another good bag to look at is Domke, and yes Tamrac and even your bag is fine. I often shoot in some areas of town that are rough and even scary. I always carry a monopod attached, so if it goes down I am "swingin'" To be honest with you I have never had any issues that could not be handled, but when some of the locals start gathering, I get my shots and I move on.

Just use a diaper bag. Who in their right mind would steal a diaper bag? :lol:

There was a 'What the Duck' strip that went something like...

"I put my camera gear in a diaper bag so it won't get stolen"
"I put used diapers in a camera bag, it's a great way to get rid of them"

I've seen one of the ThinkTank cases / bags before, they look to be well made. Sure can't tell it is for a camera just by loking at it. Looked like a soft-sided business case.

Another idea, and I have only seen one of these - ya know how a SWAT or vice cop has a gun holster on a belt, with a strap around the leg, just above the knee to hold the holster in place?

I saw something similiar for a camera - a webbed belt, with a molded holster made to hold a camera body and a long lens on one side, the other side had another holster with all kinds of padded compartments (like the inside of a camera case) inside for other stuff.

I saw the mfg. name of it but cannot remember it anymore.

He had one camera and lens in the holster while he was using another camera, so seems like he could carry plenty of gear with him between the two holsters.

Never seen one of these before or since, but this was way too nicely made to just be a homemade jobby.

Another idea, and I have only seen one of these - ya know how a SWAT or vice cop has a gun holster on a belt, with a strap around the leg, just above the knee to hold the holster in place?

I saw something similiar for a camera - a webbed belt, with a molded holster made to hold a camera body and a long lens on one side, the other side had another holster with all kinds of padded compartments (like the inside of a camera case) inside for other stuff.

I saw the mfg. name of it but cannot remember it anymore.

He had one camera and lens in the holster while he was using another camera, so seems like he could carry plenty of gear with him between the two holsters.

Never seen one of these before or since, but this was way too nicely made to just be a homemade jobby.

Are you talking about the Cotton Carrier?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back