Independence Hall, Philadelphia

SkyscraperSunset

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.skyscrapersunset.com
indhallbus.jpg

Independence Hall across Chestnut St. Taken 10/26. That bus almost ran me over, but made the shot interesting.

Without the bus:
indhall.jpg

Which do you like better? What should I do to improve either or both of them?

Thanks!

the first! the second is just a shot of a building at night. nice job! :cheer:

Great picture. The bus makes the photograph much more interesting. I like it!

There's something about slow shutter speed shots with big clocks which appeal to me. Must be the irony.
But yes, the first is great. I like the contrast of the old building with the futuristic streams of light, very cool image in my oppinion.

You ask which shot we like best. The real question is what you were trying to say in the picture. If you wanted a picture of Independence Hall, the second is a much better pictuer.

The perspective could be corrected to improve both pictures. I would probably also adjust the color to be more blue. I like cooler lighting on nightime shots, but that's just a personal preference.

The first shot does a great job of illustrating movement. It's almost like the world has moved on, but the ideas of what Independence Hall stand for have stood still. I suppose it could be interpreted as a deomonstration of the steadfastness of our founding father's ideals in a fast moving world if someone wanted to get really deep into interpretation.

I think the 2nd one is a great shot, crip and clear, good focus across the eintre face of the building and the color is clean and warm.

But the first one. I LOVE the contrast. You've got the warm colors ont he building and then these sharp, harsh white streaks along with the vibrant red. You've got the crystal clear and sharp building and then this streak that is the bus.

The second one is a great photo, the first one is great art!

Gandalf said:
Can I ask what settings you used for the first one?
I think it was 15 s exposure at F8.0.

deb said:
The perspective could be corrected to improve both pictures.
Thanks deb for your thoughts. Can you be more specific about how you would improve the perspective?

Thanks to everyone else as well!

Most reactions

Back