Indian Jones and the RAW file archive of doom

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I store Raw files on an SSD before I import them to LR, which also on has it own SSD filing cabinet.

Whilst I don't have tonnes of images, not a pro, I find that theres a pile of junk images after building up that I would have removed from the LR system still on the RAW side. Admittedly there has been occasions where I might say Im sure I have a better image of that and I can go back and get but Id sooner toss the stuff I don't want regardless.

Is there a quick way of removing both files in one go or do I just have to dredge the raw folder every so often.

In LR you press X on each image to tag it for deletion.
Then you can delete them all in that folder/collection.

But of course, you'll have to mark the ones you don't want for deletion (Delete from disc vs remove from Collection).
==> Quick Tip – Deleting Photographs in Lightroom

In LR you press X on each image to tag it for deletion.
Then you can delete them all in that folder/collection.

But of course, you'll have to mark the ones you don't want for deletion (Delete from disc vs remove from Collection).
==> Quick Tip – Deleting Photographs in Lightroom

I did not know about the X thing but in my scenario I copy the files to from a Primary folder (SSD) to a designated LR folder on import. I leave the original reference on import something like NEF 470 so I can trace them back to the primary if LR loses them for some reason.

Basically in that clip it shows you how to remove a file from the disk in my case would it only remove it from the LR folder or will it also do the primary folder too.

Most reactions

Back