Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Working on images for a calendar ... C&C please
IndianRiverRedSunset-38Jun08.jpg

Holy crap. That's beautiful- I love it.
I especially love the birdie sitting there. I want to say what I think da birdie is but don't want to sound stupid if I'm wrong so I'm keeping my mouth shut.
Not alot of critique available on my side. With this stuff, you shoot as it comes. You don't have time to work the angle and junk. Just capture the moment.
Beautiful shot. :)

Thanks. If you said "blue heron" you are correct. Actually I was camped out in this spot for 40 minutes to capture this 1 image. Interesting thing about herons is that they tend to stay in one place for long periods of time. This guy stood there for over 20 minutes although I only got 2 images with the right light. A lot of people look at these images and think 'filters' or 'PP', I just smile and offer to show them how this is done ...

Thanks all, I'll try to keeping posting when i can find the time ...

Sunsets seem to be your specialty. I've never had much luck with them.

I love this shot, it makes me want to be there :)

When the calendar is ready ... will you give me one (as Christmas present)? Maybe? I'd happily have one of your calendars!

Zada: there are definitely some 'tricks to the trade' to get stunning sunsets & sunrises, it is not necessarily intutative. There are a few good books out there which explain the basics and then like most photography you just go out and shoot and be creative ... and actually my speciality is pet portrait photography although I've started to get into sunsets & sunrises lately... During next month's full moon I'll be trying my hand at 'Harvest Moon' moon rises so we'll see.

LaFoto: Well, its not actually my calendar, I was shooting images for a Central Florida 'Indian River Lagoon' calendar which is published every year. If you send me an e-mail with a mailing address I'll see what I can do when they come out ... [email protected]

Most reactions

Back