Indoor Futbol

Reaction score
Website
www.bhtj.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A shot of another member of my indoor team.
His shorts are actually blue in the original but I thought red looked much nicer :)

mac56wb.jpg

Shot with a canon digi rebel with a flash.

Comments appreciated.

i think the subject is too far away for the flash to take effect properly, and try and get the subject either looking at you, or moving towards you for a better composition.

Boon said:
i think the subject is too far away for the flash to take effect properly, and try and get the subject either looking at you, or moving towards you for a better composition.

dude...not to be rude...

but have you ever shot a sport of any kind???

Neophyte Photographer said:
dude...not to be rude...

but have you ever shot a sport of any kind???

does that matter, you can clearly see from the washed out image the flash isn't reaching.
if you dont like advice, ok, i wont give anymore.

Boon said:
does that matter, you can clearly see from the washed out image the flash isn't reaching.
if you dont like advice, ok, i wont give anymore.

I don't mind the flash advice...my problem is with your comment on my composition. Do you want me to just yell at the players to look over this way when i'm ready to snap a few shots???

OK guys calm down a little.

Boon said:

Yes flash is an issue but with sports photography you shoot what you can and as fast as you can. It's very rare to be able to get players to look in your direction. Only a change of position of the photographer can do that. BUT from the photo I can see it probably would have infringed on the play had he stood anywhere else. It's inside and the goals in 5-a-side or indoor tend to be against walls or have limited space.

Neophyte Photographer said:
I don't mind the flash advice...my problem is with your comment on my composition. Do you want me to just yell at the players to look over this way when i'm ready to snap a few shots???

I understand how you feel about the photo. It's a good one and I do like the composition and given the restricted access and position you had to be in it is an acceptable shot.

Only thing I will say is on the flash (as I said before) and the border. The border, for me, detracts from the image.

In the UK this isn't Law .. but it is strongly advised that you NEVER use flash around local/smaller clubs football grounds or indoors. And in fact I have seen photogs been requested by playing officials and by club officials to stop taking photos and leave the game.

Neophyte: My advice if you want it and this is only advice. For indoor crank up the ISO to 1600, open up to f/2.8 or there abouts, and got for it. But Outdoor is so much better. Try in the local games, kids games (get permission from parents etc. first).

Good luck.

Lensmeister said:
OK guys calm down a little.

Yes flash is an issue but with sports photography you shoot what you can and as fast as you can. It's very rare to be able to get players to look in your direction. Only a change of position of the photographer can do that. BUT from the photo I can see it probably would have infringed on the play had he stood anywhere else. It's inside and the goals in 5-a-side or indoor tend to be against walls or have limited space.

I understand how you feel about the photo. It's a good one and I do like the composition and given the restricted access and position you had to be in it is an acceptable shot.

Only thing I will say is on the flash (as I said before) and the border. The border, for me, detracts from the image.

In the UK this isn't Law .. but it is strongly advised that you NEVER use flash around local/smaller clubs football grounds or indoors. And in fact I have seen photogs been requested by playing officials and by club officials to stop taking photos and leave the game.

Neophyte: My advice if you want it and this is only advice. For indoor crank up the ISO to 1600, open up to f/2.8 or there abouts, and got for it. But Outdoor is so much better. Try in the local games, kids games (get permission from parents etc. first).

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips. You said it all...tight quarters and all.

I love shooting outdoor futbol much better. Much, much easier. Can't wait til it warms up enough to get out and play as well as shoot. :)

Most reactions

Back