Indoor Lighting Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by sew1965, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sew1965

sew1965 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had comments about Phase 1 products. I have done well outdoors doing action sport pictures and I am faced with doing indoor pictures of players. I need some recommendations on different lighting products which I can afford at this moment. My budget is around 300.00 with the possbility of a little more. Any techniques shared are greatly appreciated. Thank You for reading this!

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm unfamiliar with Phase 1 products...do you have a link?

If you are unsure about indoor lighting and don't have the proper equipment yet...my first suggestion would be to try to find a suitable outdoor location. Go with what you know.

3. ladywings

ladywings TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This will cost WAY less than $300, but it's what my husband and I are currently using in our studio. We have strobes, but the results with this set up are better, since our camera has a pre flash that sets off the strobes.

Go to your local hardware store or WalMart and buy several clip on light fixtures (provided you have something to clip them on, where you will be shooting... we actually use the strobe polls, since they aren't good for anything else). The key is the bulbs. We use GE daylight 100 bulbs (the coil kind) with a 6500k color temp. We've tried other brands, but they just don't do the trick.

4. sew1965

sew1965 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit