Indoor Photoshoot for Shabby Chic Boutique???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitneyt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am relatively new to doing photography for people other than family and my friend wants me to come to her boutique this weekend and shoot her in some of the jewelry/hats/etc that she sells in her store. I will be working with only natural lighting (well I can use my camera's flash with my pop up diffuser) and a 50mm 1.8 lens. Do you all think this equipment will suffice for a job such as this? Any suggestions? I appreciate it :hugs:

It might, depends on the skill of the photographer and how the natural light will be.

Is she looking at using this stuff for marketing or what not?

I don't think the pop up flash (Even diffused) is going to be very flattering. Can you get an off camera flash? Even a few pieces of white foamcore board strategically placed by windows will offer much softer, more even lighting.

Go Ahead Man it will be good if not best.. so there must not be problem.
You realize this thread is 2 and a half years old, right? You also realize your comment has no real bearing on the conversation that took place all that time ago, right?

So, what's next? Several more inane posts like this in long dead threads to try to get your foot in the door here, followed by some SPAM?

I am relatively new to doing photography for people other than family and my friend wants me to come to her boutique this weekend and shoot her in some of the jewelry/hats/etc that she sells in her store. I will be working with only natural lighting (well I can use my camera's flash with my pop up diffuser) and a 50mm 1.8 lens. Do you all think this equipment will suffice for a job such as this? Any suggestions? I appreciate it :hugs:

Since this would be a product model shoot a flash would probably be needed for some stuff. You could do it with natural light but you could do it better with a external flash unit or 3. Something tells me you know this already and know you are in a little over your head. We are speaking about someones livelyhood and them using your shots for advertising. Are you ready for this? Its a little heavy. But on the other hand if they were really worried they would hire a professional and not ask someone who is admittedly new to photography to come do a job for them.

I don't think the pop up flash (Even diffused) is going to be very flattering. Can you get an off camera flash? Even a few pieces of white foamcore board strategically placed by windows will offer much softer, more even lighting.

You can usually rent a flash with a stand and a popper for about $60. But you have to know how to use it as well. Not easy without practice.

White poster board can be used as a cheap reflector too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back