Industrial Cow

lkavaney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
coo.jpg

Does this image work? I quite like the composition and the contrast between industry and the cow itself, ideally I'd have liked a visible eye but that just wasn't happening. What can I do to improve it? or should I just erase the file? I don't know why I like it really it just appeals. Honest opinions and if its rubbish do say so! ok to edit of course. Thanks in advance!!

To me, it's a pretty boring shot, but just for fun I tried a really quick black and white edit with a square crop, some added grain, and a little more contrast.

coweditya5.jpg

I hope you don't mind... Keep on trying! :)

now that I like!!! thanks! the more I look at it the less I like the original LOL it just struck me to start with :lmao:

Nice edits on both above...

but this pic just screams to be B+W.... Texture alone is strong!! concrete vs wood !!!!!

The color version is pale to begin with, so without any doubt in my mind

B+W ALL THE WAY!

the original has a central comp :( thats the one thing i dont like. But the BW is soo much more interesting.

mysteryscribe, what the heck is going on in that edit? Whats with that lone piece of yarn just hangin out there not attached to anything? Also the wood's edge just looks unnatural now... I liked it before, granted there are some things that could be changed, but I don't really see the need to make the changes you have.

Without you giving us a hint in the title, there is nothing in this picture that tells me that this is an 'industrial cow.' It's a cow stickking its head through a hole in the wall. Or its a stuffed cow-head hanging on a wall.

The content or intended thought doesn't come through - even with the title. The cow doesn't look trapped, in distress, hurt, mis-treated, there is nothing that gives me any hint what emotion/thought you are trying to get across.

Sorry.

nah don't apologise! it doesn't work thats cool, what matters is I learnt something!! I have my attempt at the PS edit here I learnt a few new features in the programme so something good came of it. Onwards and upwards I say. I just appreciate the honesty I hate people saying stuff they don't mean.

Hey im not perfect lol.... I screw up now and then. The idea was to get rid of the line that ran through her nose. See how much dumber I am than I look and I look pretty dumb. lol

As far as the changes go that's fine. That chunk of wood bothered me. It might not you or anyone else that's why I took it off. It look just like the end of any board in my opinon. Just doesn't have the bull nose on it.

But you know we all leave the final edit to the owner of the image all the edits are just suggestions. That's why there are usually more than one edit offered. It's all opinion an you know about opinions I'm sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back