industrial decay

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got around working on some more pictures. I took those on my second urban exploring trip.

Please tell me what you think.

1: Inside an old crane cabin.
382533696_21691da529_o.jpg

2: A washing hall for dock workers. There was still some soap in those containers. It was all hardened tho...
383506531_e9722fe4ed_o.jpg

Both of them are really nice, but I absolutely love the first one. All that noise actually does wonders for this, and I really love the reflections, as well as that writing, on the windows. Great job, and I'd love to see more.

neat shots.
if you dont mind me asking, where in San Francisco were these taken.
it looks like a neet place to shoot

I'd like to know, also. I want to take an urban exploring trip sometime. [Haha, look, we're all from the Bay Area.]

Aaaaah... San Francisco. I used to live there, absolutely beautiful city.

Both: very good.
Wonderful evening light!
The rust is really "shining" (if that could ever be said about rust!), its colour comes out so well. Enhances the effect of "old and abandoned" very much. Well seen and very well executed in both ... though that crane cabin (did you CLIMB UP to get into it? Wasn't that scary?) is Top of the Pops here!

I love urban exploring. And, I love your first photograph here... Though the second is very good too. I love the pov and the lighting in the first one, and how dirty, rusty and old it looks, there is a lot of character there... Thanks for sharing.

I really like both of these, it's amazing how much warmth is in the photographs considering the subject.

Wow, I love every bit about nr1! Just when I was finished drooling over the textures and the light I noticed there is a text on the window and a crane poninting into the sky. There's a lot going on there.

I have nominated you for a photo of the month :thumbup:

#1 is very nice, the rust and grime give it texture and the lighting is beautiful.

thanks a lot for all the nice replies.

fightheheathens, cherrymoose:
Thanks a lot you guys. I don't wanna give away the exact location, cause I think part of the fun in urban exploring is finding good places. All I can say is it's South of Market.
You can check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/seemoo/
I have some more pictures of the same location. That might help you figure it out...

LaFoto: yea we had to climb a little. Kids, don't try this at home, I won't take any responsibility!!!!

Sebastian: They r both HDR. I'm trying to make it not look too obious...

Jeroen: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the nomination.

thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back