Industrial Estate Exploration

KristerP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
laperm.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We were being eyed warily by the workers - until I explained that we were on a photo expedition :) - Cameras work social wonders :D.

Nikon D300, 50mm lens. - I like how sticking to the 50mm forces me to be creative (as I normally use a 18-200mm or a 90mm)

DSC_9207_800.jpg

DSC_9233_800.jpg

DSC_9244_800.jpg

DSC_9247_800.jpg

DSC_9249_800.jpg

DSC_9251_800.jpg

DSC_9253_800.jpg

DSC_9254_800.jpg

DSC_9256_800.jpg

DSC_9257_800.jpg

DSC_9258_800.jpg

DSC_9267_800.jpg

DSC_9277_800.jpg

DSC_9336_800.jpg

I like to see how you SAW things. The little detail of that twiglet growing out of the bricks, for example. I'm sure, those workers who were so suspicious at first, have never seen it.

I'd not have dared to go out to that estate and start photographing WITHOUT having asked anyone beforehand. I'm glad I got commissioned to constantly photograph the construction of that biogas plant nearby, so I was sort of "accredited" and could move around with the camera as I pleased. Some photos had to show "the facts" --- like how tubing and wiring was put underground, for example, for future reference, some I chose to be "for me", and tried to be somewhat "artistic" (I can forever only TRY...:roll: ) with the fairly "dry" material of a building site.

And I can tell that you tried the same, and must say that you succeeded.
I do like your "eye" for things, whether it be colours, or lines and shapes, or textures. Very nice. No need to comment on any in particular (there are too many out there for that, anyway), as I look at them and like each and every one of them.

Nice set. Interesting series of pictures mostly.

I carried a camera (p&s) with me on jobsites for 10 years. One can stop a 100 ton train in it's tracks by carrying a camera, it is absolutely amazing. If you are watching, you will also see workers slinking out of site very quietly as well.

I would guess that I shot just about 500,000 photos during that time. I have 76,000 saved, in a number of folders...guess how many I deleted. :mrgreen:

Thank you :)

This time It seemed as if it was too good an opportunity to miss - we had the feeling of "OK, the worst thing that can happen is that we get booted out ". - As we first went in there was no-one to be seen at the estate.

But friendliness and courteousness is a must and I always make sure to speak to people, tell them who I am and why I am there, joke a litte and show them my gear (eh... talking camera gear here :lol: )

But it is amazing how far a polite nod, a smile and a camera can get you - I am sure you all have interesting stories to tell on that subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back