Industry

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
kolej_021.jpg

my question is: is this photo too dark? I mean.. are the details too dark? I wanted to concentrate on the silhouettes of the industrial pipes, but I don't know now it the are not too dark and if "the industry" is visible in this picture.

IMO the photo is not too dark. What kind of takes my mind away from "industry" is this most beautiful light-condition. It makes everything look rather lovely, soft and warm, which is not associated with industry to me. So while I can see that industry is the subject of the photo, it's hard not to get all "Oh, beautiful sunset!" inside. I don't know if you wanted this side effect. Did you?

well... I wanted to show that "industry" means not only dirty workers but also something beautiful and that it is a part of our landscape...

Before your last post, Mentos, I would have suggested doing it in black and white. Now I'm not sure what to think...

mentos_007 said:
well... I wanted to show that "industry" means not only dirty workers but also something beautiful and that it is a part of our landscape...
Nice. I like the idea, which works well with using color.
I'd either redo the shot with all of the pipes showing in the water's reflection, or crop out some of the water so that the bridge lies along the lower third division of the frame and the pipes along the upper third division. Right now the horizon is almost in the exact middle of the image, which feels unbalanced. Using a 4x6 ratio crop will help do this without losing the sides of the image.

markc said:
Nice. I like the idea, which works well with using color.
I'd either redo the shot with all of the pipes showing in the water's reflection, or crop out some of the water so that the bridge lies along the lower third division of the frame and the pipes along the upper third division. Right now the horizon is almost in the exact middle of the image, which feels unbalanced. Using a 4x6 ratio crop will help do this without losing the sides of the image.

ohh thanks.. I didn't think of that... grrrr... now I have to wait for a beautiful sunset :(

I agree with Markc. I'd just like to add that I'd almost like to see pipes from not such a direct perspective. If it would be possible to see it from a further angle to the left I think it would look awesome! Creative idea! :)

Agreed on what Eric said about the angle. I think it would underline the pipes nicely, because I picture these to be the most interesting to the eye, if taken from an angle that shows them a bit more from the side. Then the eye has something to wander along. And if showing that industry means also something beautiful was your aim you definitely are there. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back