Inexpensive flash question

COG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd post the quesdtion here.

I have a few simple things to photograph, and figured a simple, inexpensive studio flash setup would make it a lot easier, I won't get a lot of other use out of it otherwise, so am looking at things that most of the "pros" here wouldn't consider!

Has anyone seen one of these setups?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Studio-Photo-St...6316676QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I see them all over ebay, and they should do what I need if they work at all. Plus, I'll be able to pick one of these up fromt he seller ina few weeks and save on shipping.

Before you give me the "it's crap, buy a used Norman" answer, consider including why it is crap it that is the case.

I would rent a better setup, except that this one shoot will be stretched out over four or sessions spread out over two weeks. That would make rental costs too high.

Thanks for any input!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to the forum.

If you are shooting 'simple things' and not moving subjects like people...and you don't plan on using them for anything else, then you could easily get by with constant lights (lamps) rather than strobe/flash type lights. You may need a tripod though.

The light tent could be a good idea, whether you go with flash or lamps.

Welcome to the forum.

If you are shooting 'simple things' and not moving subjects like people...and you don't plan on using them for anything else, then you could easily get by with constant lights (lamps) rather than strobe/flash type lights. You may need a tripod though.

The light tent could be a good idea, whether you go with flash or lamps.

I have several tripods (mostly use a favorite vintage Tilt-all) and some of what I'll be shooting will be people (quick single or two person portaits). This is a volunteer thing for a group. I'll also be shooting some pieces of audio equipment to have pics for reviews that I'll be publishing.

Thanks.

Sunpak 383 - $80
umbrella adapter - $15
light stand - $20
westcott 43" shoot through white satin umbrella - $20
Sync cable/peanut slave/cheap radio triggers - $20

$155. It'll shoot one and two person portraits just fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back