infared gulls

How do you do that JonMikal? You are my photo God. I really can't understand how you can work all day and still come back with like 5 superfantasticsupreme photos each day.

Dear JonMikal,
Now I lay me down to sleep.
Please make me a good photographer.
And also if you have time I need a new L.
Amen
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Nice shot. When I was in Queenstown NZ there was a flock of gulls standing by the pier. I was moving in on then to try to take a side shot like you did as stealthy as possible, and just when I was one step from my desired position, my sister came running down and yelled,"What are you doing?"

You know what happened next.

just agree: great!! like particularly the one flying to get on the line. Without this one the picture would result a little "boring" -still nice, sure, but with this one it just gets the touch it needs.
congratulations!

wow, i never imagined this would bring such favorable responses. thank you guys so much for the awesome comments. :blushing:

sid - this is an action i found that allows you to convert the image to infared with tweaking abilities.

mad_malteaser said:
That is absolutely spectacular! I personally wouldn't change anything about it. I love the DOF, the composition. Absolutely everything! You need to get this up as a print, I would love to buy a copy.

thanks for the compliment. actually i'm looking into selling my stuff somehow (currently looking for an avenue) and maybe create screensavers. we'll see.

elsaspet - you're too funny - thanks

arty - thanks much!

JonMikal said:
thanks for the compliment. actually i'm looking into selling my stuff somehow (currently looking for an avenue) and maybe create screensavers. we'll see.

elsaspet - you're too funny - thanks

arty - thanks much!

Hate to hijack this forum, but remember were going to set up a TPF shop, or try to, soon, go to off topic and click Offer/Plee :) Just may be a way to help you sell your stuff...

Damn JonMikal you have done it again... can we swap photography skills just for a day so I can find out what it's like to be able to take photos like that?

:D

Artemis said:
Hate to hijack this forum, but remember were going to set up a TPF shop, or try to, soon, go to off topic and click Offer/Plee :) Just may be a way to help you sell your stuff...

i read the thread and am very much interested. thanks for the info Arty!

thanks Scurra! :mrgreen:

I have not been online for a little bit, and just saw this photo. Holy cow....what an awesome shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I have always looked at your photos, but this one is really cool. Nice work.!!!!

I like the fact that one of them isn't in a row. Really cool pic again Jon, gj. :)

really good photo,for me maybe a bit more DOF,but I know how hard they are to get,
nice one.
I just had another look,and shooting infrared makes it a bit harder to choose your
your apeture,and DOF,still like it though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back