Infared, in Photoshop.

erniehatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
TreeBW.jpg
An attempt at Infared conversion in Photoshop, what do you think, any suddestions. Ernie

oh, man ernie, i really love this...its great... i just keep thinking that i wish you would have submitted this for the "pattern" contest....with all the patterns, it would have been a winner, i think....great great shot.....love it!

Well seeing as though I don't know what an IR photo is supposed to turn out like in the first place, i can't really comment on your conversion. But it still looks like an awesome effect. Looks great!

One of the better conversion techniques that I have seen. I too would be interested in the process that you used.

Whoa.....Ernie. This is just one fine piece of work. Just amazing . Very well done sir!!!
Me too.. please share.

Totally awesome ! I really love the detail in the fence. This photo kicks butt !

Great piece. ^ 5

Well all I thank you for the helpful comments, and by all means I will share the effect. I played around in Channel Mixer and Selective Colour, untill I got a good lightness to it, it being the tree, of course, this lightened the sky to much, so I replaced and darkened it. Then went to Image - Mode - Lab Colour and chose the lightness channel, I made a copy of this and pasted it as a new image, and made final adjustments in Levels. Hope this is helpful. I tried this method to convert other images to B/W and got the best results than any other method. thanks again .I have since had another go at it and went over the foliage with the Dodge tool and the sky with the Burn tool, I liked the end result. Ernie

erniehatt said:
I have since had another go at it and went over the foliage with the Dodge tool and the sky with the Burn tool, I liked the end result. Ernie
Ooooh that would look gorgeous!

I've copied down what you explained and I'm gonna have a try of it tonight! Thanks so much for the info.

You are most welcome, thank you for taking the time to return, It has been my experience with most forums, that once they have posted a comment thats the finish, I personally try to return to see if any replys need further comments, its good to see someone else is taking the time. Ernie

Nice picture.
What camera/lens did you use for this?
Also, what is the F-stop, shutter speed, and ISO?

Thanks!
-Chris

Most reactions

Back